• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Where do you guys go to the beach that doesn't cost a fortune?

One of my best friends from high school has a home in Pensacola, so I just call him and we drink beers.
+1 for calling the place you want to stay. When I stayed in Key West, I called the hotel and got a room even though the online booking sites said nothing was available.

The girlfriend and I stayed at the Pelican Condo's in Destin two weeks ago. For three nights and four days it's a little over $750 for a king, two bunk beds, and a fold out sofa bed. I love going to Destin every year and it's worth the extra money for the memories and the great seafood down there!

IMG_20170324_133635271_TOP.jpg

I don't know about the prices, but Gulf Shores, AL seemed more "normal" and less commercial than the Florida panhandle.

As for Jekyll, the water is yucky. Looks like Russian borscht.

My son has had a baseball tournament last 2 years in Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach. It's nice and all but I like the pan handle better (none beat the Cape) but to me it actually seemed more expensive overall, but who knows, I don't usually do the booking. My wife is pretty cheap so I get to splurge...

Everytime I go I'm liking it less and less. I'm not a people person, makes me want to go Dexter on everybody at the beach

Back
Top Bottom