Where to camp...?

How much should i spend on gear? PS - im a cheapskate

• Total voters

Red Squirrel 556

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
Me and my family are somewhat new to the area, and we're looking for good camping. I've camped all my life and lived in the woods for almost 3 years, but my wife hasnt been in a long time and we have an 8 year old daughter who isnt extremely outdoors inclined, but has fun once she's out there. She grew up at the beach and on the boat, so the woods is new to her.

I have a ford F150 with no 4x4, but a shell to carry some gear and hide out in if things get ugly. We have a 3 person tent and a minimal set up for now, this is an experiment before i spend hundreds on proper equipment.

I dont need hardly anything to go outside, but i have to keep the ladies happy or this wont work. So gear suggestions that make them more comfortable would be appreciated also.

Thanks dudes, stay outdoors.
you-da-man-you-da-man-chuck-norris-approves-53236157.png

State parks are open. Prolly in high demand with school out and people not going to work. National Forest camps and day use areas closed to covid. Some counties are restricting travel. If you are not a resident, better not stop.

State parks are open. Prolly in high demand with school out and people not going to work. National Forest camps and day use areas closed to covid. Some counties are restricting travel. If you are not a resident, better not stop.
That's what i was worried about. But this is more for the fall. After things settle down, it'll be too hot, so im gonna search for gear and spots this summer and plan some trips in a few months.

if there are three of you, may wanna snag a 4 person tent and air mattresses for the ladies. Or a twin air mat for the daughter and a 2-man tent of her very own with a queen for you and the missus.

if there are three of you, may wanna snag a 4 person tent and air mattresses for the ladies. Or a twin air mat for the daughter and a 2-man tent of her very own with a queen for you and the missus.
I have an old air pad i used on rocky stuff when i lived out of a bag, but i usually just slept on the ground. They'll probably sleep in the back of the truck until we decide whether to dive in on a "real" tent.

Where isbvb that, low gap?
Last time I was at low gap. Several car loads of messicans with about 10 kids came up there car camping. They opened and slammed car door all damn night. But hey, Daddy was there. That pic was at Hickey Gap last month. The Forest Rangers gave me a day to leave

Back
Top Bottom