• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where to find private investors in GA?

Good luck. I worked for a start up at one point in my life. The angel investor was from the north side of Atlanta. One day he decided to stop waiting for the promises and pulled the plug while we had a $1.2 million contract if we had kept 3 people and the doors open. He said enough and pulled the plug. You need to have a solid plan for growth. You will need an independent CFO at some point to make the right decisions. They need to be concerned with the company and the product and not your ego. You need to try to self fund as much as possible. Trying to fund a start up firearms company will be hard as soon as you mention gun half of the financing options go away. You will be giving up equity in the company to get funding and potential high interest rates. If you have a real innovative idea manufacture a prototype and sell it to a bigger player. The Bushmaster ACR comes to mind. I worked for a guy who sold a couple of gun designs.

I’m more than willing to offer up equity to an investor that brings something to the business. Most angel investors brought nothing but unreasonable expectations and a bad attitude, at least the group I was unfortunate enough to encounter.

I’d be focusing more on security initially as I have a plethora of leads for high end contracts that I’m lacking equipment for. ROI would be well within 2-5 years.

I would reach out to Nonliberal Nonliberal for ideas and pick his brain on how he has built Dobbs Defense. Bryan is a good dude.
I appreciate that.
My advise would be that now is a bad time to get in. I've lost so much money recently due to credit card processors dropping us and trying to get things moving again. Materials have gone through the roof, tooling has almost doubled. All this in the last 6 months.
Since Biden said he was going to allow people to sue manufacturers again, my insurance went from 1200 to over 8000. I'm sure there are plenty more reasons I can think of but those are the big ones that come up every day.
If you're thinking about getting into manufacturing, remember the cost of the machine is a drop in the bucket compared to actually making parts. That being said, I don't mind helping out, advice is free.

I’m more than willing to offer up equity to an investor that brings something to the business. Most angel investors brought nothing but unreasonable expectations and a bad attitude, at least the group I was unfortunate enough to encounter.

I’d be focusing more on security initially as I have a plethora of leads for high end contracts that I’m lacking equipment for. ROI would be well within 2-5 years.
You can always hire an outside company to make parts for you.....Which happens to be what I do more often than not, hint hint

I appreciate that.
My advise would be that now is a bad time to get in. I've lost so much money recently due to credit card processors dropping us and trying to get things moving again. Materials have gone through the roof, tooling has almost doubled. All this in the last 6 months.
Since Biden said he was going to allow people to sue manufacturers again, my insurance went from 1200 to over 8000. I'm sure there are plenty more reasons I can think of but those are the big ones that come up every day.
If you're thinking about getting into manufacturing, remember the cost of the machine is a drop in the bucket compared to actually making parts. That being said, I don't mind helping out, advice is free.

As I said, he’s a good dude. Lots of recent experience here.

just saw on news today, some judge, somewhere, approved a lawsuit against Smith and Wesson for one of their guns killing someone....the victim's family can sue Smith for damages.

Cause the actual shooter ain't got 2 nickels to rub together.....go for the deep pockets.

Back
Top Bottom