• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which .22 pistol

Never owned a SIG, but from reviews and experience posted here, the Mosquito is pretty much a paper weight in comparison to the rugers.
I now have the ruger SR22 and love it, accurate and reliable. Its at the same price point too, $339

For a training simulator the S&W M&P beats both, feeds anything, & is very accurate as well but of the two mentioned the Sig has been plagued w/ problems that should be detailed if you Google "Sig mosquito reliability issues".
Ruger normally has a rock solid rep. for reliability. However we did have one in a class a couple months ago that just would not cycle & that the front sight fell off. The cycling issues were determined to be a case of overlubing which is a problem when it is real cold since the lube just gummed up, & I loctited the sight back on.

On the other hand in last weekends class I took a brand new out of the box M&P & handed it to several students who hammered out around 500 rds. w/ only the or four misfire that were all caused from bad primers.
Remarkable reliability for a .22 right out of the box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom