Which can to buy!!!

Which can to get first

• Total voters

abailey362

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
215   0
Reaction score
OK...so I've been looking everywhere and asking many questions about cans and i'm close to making the final decision. I've narrowed it down to two options. And before you answer "buy both" it's not really an option right now...changing jobs soon and don't want to spend too much on toys that I won't see til Christmas right now.

option 1. SWR Spectre II - dedicated .22 can. quality construction, great sounds reduction. rated for multi rimfire calibers and 5.7. Around $300 online

option 2. HTA Guardian 9mm - 9mm can that I can shoot all above calibers through. Aluminum body, lead baffles are steel and the rest are aluminum. Big advantage here is I can shoot my 9mm guns as well, but will trade off sound when shooting .22 Under $275 at a couple of places

I'm torn...ultimate goal is to have a dedicated 22, one for pistol calibers (most recommend .45 can but I don't shoot 45, so not sure if I need the larger size) and a .308 rifle can which will be most expensive and come last.

I've got a Mystic and a Warlock II, I shoot the .22 can much more. I went with the Mystic because of it's .300 blackout ratings, I'll eventually build an upper for my SBR. If I'm going to buy something for life, I'm going to buy on the upper end. The Spectre is an upper end can in terms of features. The Warlock is basically a .22lr only version in all aluminum. I went with the Warlock over the spectre because my mystic will cover anything other than .22lr, if you have other rimfire, the Spectre is great.

The HTA if rated for subsonic .300 blackout too...

I voted for it because I have one coming. I hope to get a video up with it and a .22 can for comparison. But the time line isn't up to me right now.

The HTA if rated for subsonic .300 blackout too...

I voted for it because I have one coming. I hope to get a video up with it and a .22 can for comparison. But the time line isn't up to me right now.

The mystic rated for sub and super to 8 inches. I'm building an 8 inch upper for my SBR next. Should be nice with the 5 inch 9mm. I just so happen to have another pistol lower already built from my wait for the SBR for it to live on when I want to shoot the 9mm too.

And these...

22 Hornet
22 K Hornet
218 Bee
223 REM - 16" BBL
30 PPC - Subsonic
30 Carbine
32-20
357 MAG
221 Fireball
32 S&W Long
32 H&R Magnum
9X18
9X19 (Base Caliber)
38 Super
38 Special
38 S&W
357 Max - Subsonic
338 Spectre
300 BLK
300 Whisper
300/221
308 Win- Subsonic
all rimfire cartridges
5.45x39MM Russian
We now rate it for the 300 BLK in
both supersonic and subsonic on
an 8" barrel
7.62 X 39 MM
FULL AUTO 300 BLACKOUT
SUBSONIC AND SUPERSONIC.
6.8spc

Get a dedicated 22 can. It's a natural tendency to shoot as many calibers out of one can as possible. But there is not substitute for a good 22 can. Get the spectre II now. When you start to get the itch again, build on your collection. The 22 cans are so light and small, many disappear on the end of your guns, no matter how many cans I buy, I love my 22 suppressors for that reason

I wish I could find a video of someone shooting 22 out of it.

lax...drive to Athens and test it out for me ;)

lol damn never saw this thread.

Where did you hear that some of the baffles are aluminum? I thought all of them were steel?

Honestly at the price you and I are getting for them it's hard to get a rimfire can instead since its just a few bucks more for this. I can't believe I'm paying less than I did for my 22 suppressor for a 9mm supressor.

Back
Top Bottom