• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which TUMBLER and why

I use a rock tumbler from Harbor Freight and tumble in water with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a drop of dish detergent. Does a great job and is neater than a vibrator (no dust). I lay out the brass on a towel to dry. Would only recommend this for a reloader with ready access to a workshop sink and a place to lay out the brass to dry.

I agree with going cheap on this and spending the money elsewhere. I have the cheapest one I could find, a Franklin Arsenal. Works great. My dad has the same tumbler, actually burned one up polishing brass for a range after probably 50k or so pieces of brass. A simple call to FA and they sent him out a replacement, no charge. The replacement has been running great ever since.

Now for a media separator, I have the Dillon one, its great, built like a tank. The FA one I initially bought with my tumbler was a piece o crap.

Purchased an Ultra Vibe 18 somewhere around 1986 or so. Have never had a problem and still use it to this date.

Good way to cut down on the dust from your tumber is to throw in an old dryer sheet.

Tom

my first frankford arsenal died after one month. returned it and the next one lasted over a year before it died. i currently don't have a tumbler. maybe Christmas one will appear under the tree if I can wait that long. when it worked it did an excellent job with corn media, brass polish, and like the previous post said cut up paper towels in small squares worked really good! i am leaning toward a lyman next time due to price.

Back
Top Bottom