• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who deleted my thread?

At face value I initially thought OCGA 16-8-7, possibly a mod got the same feeling and yanked it?

I'm a civilian, gotta put that into easy terms for me buddy LOL. But did look the law up, you said your a cop? So what's the best way to deal with something like that. Lets say you buy a gun, then 3 months later get pulled over and the gun is stolen..

I'm a civilian, gotta put that into easy terms for me buddy LOL. But did look the law up, you said your a cop? So what's the best way to deal with something like that. Lets say you buy a gun, then 3 months later get pulled over and the gun is stolen..
Gun goes bye bye. You get detained.

Gun goes bye bye. You get detained.

Gun is taken, you go to jail. "Known, or should have known" means that these are selling here for $450ish ($600 at times). $200 bucks implies you should have known. Without getting too deep into it, you would be detained/ arrested read Maranda, and given a chance to share with them where it came from. If you just know some white dude from ODT, you are shelling out all that money you saved on the firearm to a lawyer, and ODT gets a black eye.

oh, and I am FORMER LEO and in no way want anyone to think I claim to currently be.

Last edited:
Gun is taken, you go to jail. "Known, or should have known" means that these are selling here for $450ish ($600 at times). $200 bucks implies you should have known. Without getting too deep into it, you would be detained/ arrested read Maranda, and given a chance to share with them where it came from. If you just know some white dude from ODT, you are shelling out all that money you saved on the firearm to a lawyer, and ODT gets a black eye.
Gotcha, but lets say you paid 450 for one. Would the same thing happen? What's the bond for this? Also lets say you have a smart phone and can give police the number, username, and possibly email. I don't delete my emails so I can search my yahoo inbox for an odt username and pull it up.

Last edited:
Gotcha, but lets say you paid 450 for one. Would the same thing happen? What's the bond for this?

Gets a little clearer here. Years ago a friend at the SO went on, and on about wanting a NM Springer and I knew someone who had one. Made the introduction, and he bought it for the going value.

several months later he has the numbers ran on all his firearms for insurance reasons... Bingo Bango pistol returns stolen. We both end up in Infernal Repairs (IA) and after giving all details, names, amounts etc. are cleared and the proverbial buck gets passed back. The individual who sold it did federal time because the firearm was stolen in Tennessee.

Point is if it is too good to be true, in this community it is best to run not walk away. It will ruin you, the ODT, and indirectly harm all lawful firearms owners.

Back
Top Bottom