• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has experience with Savage 99's

Mead

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I have one that the rotary mag feels like the spring isn't wound enough. You have to pick the last round out. I am pretty handy and just wondering if this is something I could tackle or take it to someone.

The follower spindle has to be preloaded. Remove the forend, and you will see the end of the magazine from the front of the receiver. Remove the cross screw from the front of the receiver without allowing the magazine assy. to move forward. Now wind the disc that you see one turn clockwise (from the front), line up a slot and reinstall the screw. Attach forend and you're done. You can make adjustments in 1/4 turn intervals, but too much is not desirable.

The follower spindle has to be preloaded. Remove the forend, and you will see the end of the magazine from the front of the receiver. Remove the cross screw from the front of the receiver without allowing the magazine assy. to move forward. Now wind the disc that you see one turn clockwise (from the front), line up a slot and reinstall the screw. Attach forend and you're done. You can make adjustments in 1/4 turn intervals, but too much is not desirable.

Well the last time all rounds cycled but the time before that I had to pick the last round out. It may just need a 1/4 turn but for now I will leave well enough alone. If the problem seems to continue I will try a 1/4 turn. Thank you

IMO, the Savage 99 is the best lever action ever made. No retarded tube to worry about (that changes POI as rounds in the mag decrease), no external hammer, internal rotary mag, round counter, nicely contoured receiver and forend, light, and butter smooth actions.

I agree, but will add one bad thing...the safety is all but inaccessible for a left handed shooter. Thats why mine rarely leaves the safe. I do love them though.

Back
Top Bottom