• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who rebuilds engines (Jeep 4cyl) in Gwinnett Hall Barrow counties?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Busted a stupid oil sensor elbow into my block and if I can't fix it (extract and retap) myself, may just go ahead and pull the motor to rebuild. 2.5l 4 cylinder motor.

Who and where can I get a quote on a rebuild?

Probably better off getting a reman engine from Jasper.Comes with a warranty most folks who build dont stand behind there stuff.
Check out BNB Car Care Dacula Ga.

Not worth the time or money to rebuild it. Buy a rebuilt one or better yet swap in a 6.
The 4.2/4.0 sixes are almost indestructible and the swap isnt all that difficult.

Got any pics of the damage?

Probably better off getting a reman engine from Jasper.Comes with a warranty most folks who build dont stand behind there stuff.
Check out BNB Car Care Dacula Ga.
I would agree with the Jasper engine comment. BTW the 4 cylinder Jeep engines for the 90s Wranglers are the same ones that went into 4 cylinder Dakotas. If you look up parts or salvage yard engines it maybe cheaper that way.

Not worth the time or money to rebuild it. Buy a rebuilt one or better yet swap in a 6.
The 4.2/4.0 sixes are almost indestructible and the swap isnt all that difficult.

Got any pics of the damage?
I don't know, man. I've had two 4.0 motors. One in a Cherokee and one in a Wrangler. My wife's niece had one in a 92 Cherokee and it was all done before 160K. My issue with the 4.0 is the 5 speed they used to use with it. The synchros started going out in both my vehicles not long after I got them. Or at least that's what more knowledgeable Gus told me was happening. My Cherokee lost first and second gear. And my Wrangler started randomly popping out of fifth gear.

My issue is I stupidly snapped the oil sensor brass elbow in the block. $4 part.. $400+ pain in the laborious job to remove. If I could throw JB weld and seal the hole up I would and stick the sensor somewhere else.

I don't even know if that can be done- sealing the hole without welding?

IMG_20170628_095038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom