who reloads .41 mag?

efman

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
hey guy's I just bought a taurus tracker in 41 mag. I plan on to get into reloading with this pistol. but before I do I was hoping someone on here who reloads 41 mag could possibly make me some snake shot rounds. obviously I would pay. not sure if this is the right forum or not but I would really like it if someone could help me out.... thanks.

I don't know if I've ever seen snake shot .41's? I'd be careful about just who's loading I'd choose to trust.

The .41's easy enough to load for, and a very comfortable shooter. Congrats on your new purchase!

Snake loads are seriously hard to make for the 41mag.
Involves seating a gas check inside of the case over the powder, adding shot then an over wad or another gas check atop of it.
Then you have to either use some type of sealer or a roll crimp over the gas check.
Easy, no.
Can it be done, yes

Efman

If you ever get a hankering to shoot cast bullets let me know.
Between me and my son we own five 41 mags.
Only one has been subjected to jacketed ammo.
We are strictly cast bullet shooters and cast our own.
We have some custom molds that we use from 215gr to 255gr.
Even have some in a HP configuration.

Tom

Snake loads are seriously EASY to make. Light load of fast powder,wad, shot, wad,superglue.
Powder: published squib loads of shotgun powders.

Wads:To make wads I chamfer the inside of an expanded casing, chuck it in my drill, and cut all I need from a manila folder or slightly heavier cardboard stock.An old boot top makes a nice undershot wad. Use a board backer, this punch cuts quickly and will leave rings on your table. Drilling out the flash hole of your punch makes it easy to push out the wads. A dowel seats the wads against the powder and on top of the shot.

Shot: Any size birdshot (non-steel). Leave the shot just barely below the case rim.A slight crimp can be applied, especially for rounds that are to be carried a lot. Don't expand the cases after sizing. Write the shot size on the top wad, then saturate the top wad with superglue. This will seal it against moisture, stiffen the wad, and lock the wad in the casing. The writing will still be visible.

These loads can be made without a press if necessary, use a punch to deprime, seat primers carefully with a dowel (like lee loaders), then load. Resizing is not critical for such loads as long as your cases will rechamber.
These are a lot of fun and really relieve the monotony of bushhogging a pasture when rats start running. Redneck mounted shooting! Have fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom