Who wants to take me deer hunting?

^ This. Anybody want to throw a beginners hunting party? I would provide a bottle of Jack at the campsite the night after, or throw someone some cash. I have been hunting 1 time and saw nothing. Want to learn to hunt so bad.

Get your license. We can go to a wma far south or something.

Im In too. I have a few yrs experience with bow up north but none really down here. But the same still applies. Get to know your area first and map out the deer roads (deer use the same trails over and over just like we use roads),

LOL. Heck we should just go.

got my combo hunting/fishing this weekend at walmart for 20 bucks out the door. There is a WMA up in resaca/lafayette area, not sure if there are deer there. My grandma lives in waycross/ware co, I can check and see if I have an uncle with a place to hunt down there.

I mean its basically camo and a gun that will kill a deer right? Spray myself down with some deer piss and hit the nearest WMA.

LOL. Heck we should just go.

got my combo hunting/fishing this weekend at walmart for 20 bucks out the door. There is a WMA up in resaca/lafayette area, not sure if there are deer there. My grandma lives in waycross/ware co, I can check and see if I have an uncle with a place to hunt down there.
youll need a wma stamp also to hunt on them wmas

Sorry guys all of the deer in GA have been killed by coyotes and hunters from FL.

Seriously though. The draw hunts are your best public land chance. Sign ups for those are over this year but get on the email list for next year. You can find some good open wma hunts this year though. Cedar creek is good. Pine log is a waste of time. Allatoona is tough. Be ready to walk far away from the beaten trails. Or check the GON forum for some good private land. $400 per year is about as cheap as gets but you can find some good guys that will show you the ropes. Plus deer camp is a great place to be in the fall.

Good luck - there are still plenty of deer in GA if you are willing to spend the time to find them.

Back
Top Bottom