Who's all using a Lever Action Hunting this season!?!?

Got a Marlin Glenfield like my first ever deer gun first of the year,got some green box 170's from Remington going out the spout.Like the 70's again.

Picked up my first levergun last week, plan on it being my primary deer gun this season. 77' Marlin 336 in 35 rem, iron sites. I am amazed at how well this gun shoots at 75yrds with iron sites. I would even feel confident going out to 100-125 with it. Still playing around with ammo, got a box of Hornaday LeverEvalution that i can't wait to try.

Marlin 30 AW. I gotta find me a decent squirrel gun soon though.

mdog you ever tryed a Marlin 39A it's one of the most acurate & dependable 22's made, they've always worked well for me. I like the older models, built before the crossbolt safety. Love to squirrel hunt with'um.....
i797.photobucket.com_albums_yy257_NGaMtnHunter_squirrelhunten002Medium.jpg

mdog you ever tryed a Marlin 39A it's one of the most acurate & dependable 22's made, they've always worked well for me. I like the older models, built before the crossbolt safety. Love to squirrel hunt with'um.....
i797.photobucket.com_albums_yy257_NGaMtnHunter_squirrelhunten002Medium.jpg

Nice picture! Reminds me of happy days when taking home a squirrel or two was just the icing on a wonderful, peaceful morning in the woods. I never had a lever 22. In fact my only hunting 22 was a Sears and Roebuck my mom bought me when I was 12-13. I have heard it was probably a Marlin, but it's been gone since I joined the army back in '82. I sure miss it. Well, I just bought a Ruger 10/22 from another ODT'er so I rekkin I'll be hunting with that for the duration.

Thanks for the info AND the trip down memory lane. Can't wait to take a pic like that...soon.

Nice picture! Reminds me of happy days when taking home a squirrel or two was just the icing on a wonderful, peaceful morning in the woods. I never had a lever 22. In fact my only hunting 22 was a Sears and Roebuck my mom bought me when I was 12-13. I have heard it was probably a Marlin, but it's been gone since I joined the army back in '82. I sure miss it. Well, I just bought a Ruger 10/22 from another ODT'er so I rekkin I'll be hunting with that for the duration.

Thanks for the info AND the trip down memory lane. Can't wait to take a pic like that...soon.

I've hunted with a 10/22 before, they are fine little rifles, small easy to carry and accurate too!

I'll exspect to see a picture this fall of that Ruger and some squirrels.........

Back
Top Bottom