Why are there so many AR or 5.56 caliber rifles for sale?

To me the 6.8 is the perfect round. Harder hitting, still has plenty of legs after 400 and you can still carry a ton of ammo. Of course you still need the 308 for sniping. Plus the platform will sustain a ton of caliber options. To many people think the 5.56 round is not enough round. This is a ridiculous reason. The reason the military went to the 62 grain projectile is the 55 grain round inflicted too much damage to the human body and was considered inhumane. The Hague Convention jargen is a misconception. It's when we went to faster twist rates the the round stabilized to effectively that the bullet got a bad rap. When the bullet stabilizes to good it doesn't tumble after contact. In Vietnam the gun started out with a 1/14 twist and then went to the 1/12 and then the 1/9 for the longer 62 grain projectile. The soldiers in Afganistan said the bullets went through the hagi's like butter. They were so methed up they ran right through them. America has a funky way of thinking about war. The steel tipped ammo was introduced to combat soldiers in body armor. Only the hagi's don't wear body armor so the bullet just goes through them like a tiny hot spear. In Vietnam a projectile could go in the body and exit out the arm or leg. It would hit bone and take a 90 degree turn and do the same again and again. It was total and complete carnage. 1/7 and 1/8 is a great twist rate for long range work and target shooting but for home defense it's really not effective unless you use a soft point, frangible or open tip round but then it doesn't make a very good barrier round. Hence the demand for other calibers. ( drop microphone ) bow head and walk of stage.

Too much time at the gun counter. :wacko:

image.jpeg

My theory is that in November when Hillary is elected the price will not go up on ODT because all the guys who have 10 of 'em they've built out of PSA parts will all try to sell all at once.

Price will probably go down from the over-supply.
I call Bull **** on that .They aint got sense enough to go down they just keep listing at the same ole too high a price.

Back
Top Bottom