Why are there so many AR or 5.56 caliber rifles for sale?

image.gif
I don't work at a gun counter nor do I stand at one. I read. Too many rednecks go limp when you dump a load of real info in their lap. " Some people feel the 5.56 is not an effective round ". This a reason. I wanted to set the record straight. Listen and learn dummies.

Good choice!
I thought so. This Yugo is SO much nicer in fit and finish than my WASR was. It has the polished bolt and carrier like my Mak 90 did back in the 90s. Pulling the bolt handle to the rear is so much smoother than on the WASR it's like night and day.

As far as the glut of ARs in 5.56 goes I think that you are seeing so many of them because 5.56 is the most common caliber for them. 5.56 I guess you could say is the starting point entry caliber with ARs whether you're building one or buying a factory rifle. I have a complete lower and a stripped TN Arms lower right now and I will most likely finish one of them in 5.56 since that's what my budget dictates.I would love to build the TNA lower in 9mm and 300BO is really growing on me. But anything other than 5.56 is a significant step up in price as far as parts and uppers go.

There does seem to be enough ARs out there right now for everyone that wants one to have two. Not long ago you could go to Walmart and take your pic between at least 4 different brands and models. Then late last year they blew them all out at probably close to cost. Some said it was because Walmart was bowing down to the Gubment. But when has Walmart ever done that before? The reason they blew out all the ARs at clearance sale prices was because they were collecting dust and Walmart had a ton of money and shelf space tied up in products that weren't moving. ARs are great and can not be beat for versatility, user friendly controls and practically zero recoil. But for some reason I'm an AK guy.

And that's the way it is, March 28th 2016...

I thought so. This Yugo is SO much nicer in fit and finish than my WASR was. It has the polished bolt and carrier like my Mak 90 did back in the 90s. Pulling the bolt handle to the rear is so much smoother than on the WASR it's like night and day.

As far as the glut of ARs in 5.56 goes I think that you are seeing so many of them because 5.56 is the most common caliber for them. 5.56 I guess you could say is the starting point entry caliber with ARs whether you're building one or buying a factory rifle. I have a complete lower and a stripped TN Arms lower right now and I will most likely finish one of them in 5.56 since that's what my budget dictates.I would love to build the TNA lower in 9mm and 300BO is really growing on me. But anything other than 5.56 is a significant step up in price as far as parts and uppers go.

There does seem to be enough ARs out there right now for everyone that wants one to have two. Not long ago you could go to Walmart and take your pic between at least 4 different brands and models. Then late last year they blew them all out at probably close to cost. Some said it was because Walmart was bowing down to the Gubment. But when has Walmart ever done that before? The reason they blew out all the ARs at clearance sale prices was because they were collecting dust and Walmart had a ton of money and shelf space tied up in products that weren't moving. ARs are great and can not be beat for versatility, user friendly controls and practically zero recoil. But for some reason I'm an AK guy.

And that's the way it is, March 28th 2016...

That lower in 9mm would be a fun caliber to have and cheap to shoot. I might like that myself.

Back
Top Bottom