• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why can't I search M&P?

oxbat

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
Why can't I search for "M&P" ? There are humpteen dozen listed. I get a V Bulletin saying no matches? ?? Just curious. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

for some reason it doesn't recognize symbols and requires at least 3 characters to search. Can't search HK, SA, etc. either. Sucks don't it...

There is a known problem with searching for the '&' symbol. It has something to do with computer code and I've been told that nothing can be done for now.
On the good news front a change was made very recently and two character searches can now be done, so, searching for HK and SA now yield appropriate results.

It's the forces of Evil at work!

Attempting to keep the M&P force of Goodness and Light from the hands of those who would destroy their evilness is the evil (pronounced EEEEE Vuuuuul) DR Evil , also known as GLOCK!!!!

Shout out the TRUTH from every window, every street corner, even from the highest mountain top, and set the TRUTH FREE Finally and at last!!!!!!

Or it could be that thing n 1 1 was saying......

It's a database constraint. Searches in sql require 3 or more characters out of the box (without reindexing the tables). So M&P has a special character (&) in it. That's what gives the system grief. If you're looking for something specific here with M&P, I'd do a google search for it but add site:theoutdoorstrader.com to the end of your key words.

Back
Top Bottom