• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people treat their firearms so bad........

24   0
Reaction score
No forearm, rusty barrel, stock beaten and scratched, receiver painted gold, selector switch and parts missing. I now things get bumped and worn, it's going to happen if it gets used. But, what the heck was going thru this persons mind when they tried to paint it gold? I felt so bad for this little guy I had to get him and take him home with me.

sav24dl.jpg

You rescued a lost soul there!!! Some folks just are nutty, gold paint???? It must make it worth more when you gold plate it like that

Looks like a Savage model 24 Should be easy to find parts for it. Stock will clean up nice, forearm shouldn't be too hard to find. The selector button comes off these a lot from what I've seen. I prefer the toggle on the hammer...it stays in place! 22lr over 20ga?

Looks like a Savage model 24 Should be easy to find parts for it. Stock will clean up nice, forearm shouldn't be too hard to find. The selector button comes off these a lot from what I've seen. I prefer the toggle on the hammer...it stays in place! 22lr over 20ga?

Model 24 DL. It is 22lr over 20 gauge. You're right about the selector switch. I've replaced one before for a friend. The hardest part to me is the forearm. Haven't looked yet, but may be hard to match the wood with the stock and the checkering that came on it originally. May change out the whole stock.

I had a soft spot for it in my heart immediately. I already have this same model. It was the first firearm I ever got from my Dad when I was 9. He was working two jobs and someone had brought it to the gun shop in pieces. Not sure what he paid for it. He repaired it, and gave it to me for Christmas. I bought it thinking maybe I could do the same and give it to him. I'm going to take my time and enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom