• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do so many ODT sellers ask for carry license?

What happens if the seller of a firearm checks no identification of the buyer (or maybe does check ID to confirm name, age, etc), and unknowingly sells a firearm to a felon, or if not a felon, someone who is prohibited by law from owning a firearm for whatever reason, or perhaps even underage (of course this would be eliminated by checking ID for age). Can the seller be held liable for anything? Can the seller be arrested? This is an honest question and I’m not looking for opinion answers either, I would like to know if anything can fall back on the seller of the firearm.

No I'm thousands of $ in the whole with the government. I'm right here with you on being taxed to death. Only reason I posted what I posted on here is because it's mostly a 2A forum.
The fact that we the people

That's your argument? Really that's your argument? So I should just shut up and sit down because a state made and unconstitutional law saying I need to pay them and ask permission to carry my gun? Sorry I've been carrying for over 13 years without a permit. And I've also made so many of these post and the only argument I ever get back is ones like yours. Because the government told me to. Well I say damn that. They have no legal leg to stand on. The Constitution is the law of the land, it supersedes all laws. The last supreme Court ruling District of Columbia v. Heller set it in stone guaranteeing, the right of the second amendment is a individual's right. Please don't allow this government to keep thinking it has the power. Dont just accepts it as it is instead of changing or standing up to it. The problem is people like me can't do it alone. I need people like you to understand YOU DONT HAVE TO COMPLY!

I was questioning your last 2 sentences, especially where you referred to “that a felon cant possess one… “

I now assume you mean a CWL.. I read it to possess a firearm….
Correct, a felon can't possess a CWL. We all know felons get to enjoy the firearms we ask for permission by way of paying taxes to enjoy them.

Never have and never will ask for id. Will gladly show mine if the seller wants me too though. To each their own. Have never and will never ask for a bos. But will put my name only on one for the seller if they need it for peice of mind.

They just want to make sure you are who you say you are… lol
4B6C2A77-FBE4-47A6-B64E-6AC7A4CAD194.gif

Back
Top Bottom