• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do so many ODT sellers ask for carry license?

Everybody selling guns on this site or any site should require a FFL transfer
Leonardo-DiCaprio-laughing-meme-template-of-Django-Unchained-1024x1024.jpg

No I'm thousands of $ in the whole with the government. I'm right here with you on being taxed to death. Only reason I posted what I posted on here is because it's mostly a 2A forum.
The fact that we the people

That's your argument? Really that's your argument? So I should just shut up and sit down because a state made and unconstitutional law saying I need to pay them and ask permission to carry my gun? Sorry I've been carrying for over 13 years without a permit. And I've also made so many of these post and the only argument I ever get back is ones like yours. Because the government told me to. Well I say damn that. They have no legal leg to stand on. The Constitution is the law of the land, it supersedes all laws. The last supreme Court ruling District of Columbia v. Heller set it in stone guaranteeing, the right of the second amendment is a individual's right. Please don't allow this government to keep thinking it has the power. Dont just accepts it as it is instead of changing or standing up to it. The problem is people like me can't do it alone. I need people like you to understand YOU DONT HAVE TO COMPLY!
That's cool and all, and even if you were carrying without a permit and they charged you it's only a misdemeanor in GA. Let's see just how tough you are. Go to Florida and get caught concealed carrying without a permit. It's a class 3 felony down there.

Unless you are prepared to stand up in court right now with a felony charge against you and plead it's your 2nd amendment right, all it is is chest thumping on the interwebs.

If I'm not mistaken, for a Leo in GA to even ask for your permit they must have reasonable articulateble suspicion that you have don't have one or you are already under arrest for another crime. Otherwise it's a Terry stop with is illegal in this state.

That's cool and all, and even if you were carrying without a permit and they charged you it's only a misdemeanor in GA. Let's see just how tough you are. Go to Florida and get caught concealed carrying without a permit. It's a class 3 felony down there.

Unless you are prepared to stand up in court right now with a felony charge against you and plead it's your 2nd amendment right, all it is is chest thumping on the interwebs.

If I'm not mistaken, for a Leo in GA to even ask for your permit they must have reasonable articulateble suspicion that you have don't have one or you are already under arrest for another crime. Otherwise it's a Terry stop with is illegal in this state.

§ 16-11-137. Required possession of weapons carry license or proof of exemption when carrying a weapon; detention for investigation of carrying permit

(b) A person carrying a weapon shall not be subject to detention for the sole purpose of investigating whether such person has a weapons carry license.

and

§ 16-11-138. Defense of self or others as absolute defense

Defense of self or others, as contemplated by and provided for under Article 2 of Chapter 3 of this title, shall be an absolute defense to any violation under this part.

§ 16-11-137. Required possession of weapons carry license or proof of exemption when carrying a weapon; detention for investigation of carrying permit

(b) A person carrying a weapon shall not be subject to detention for the sole purpose of investigating whether such person has a weapons carry license.

and

§ 16-11-138. Defense of self or others as absolute defense

Defense of self or others, as contemplated by and provided for under Article 2 of Chapter 3 of this title, shall be an absolute defense to any violation under this part.
Sole purpose. About like a window tint ticket. They won't add stop you for that because they can't.
That law only protects you from Terry stops. All it takes is some Karen calling them for you carrying a gun and now they have cause to ask you for it.
Idgaff if you have it or not, but if you don't you best be prepared for battle if you have to go to court.
I go to the surrounding states way to much to not have one.

I find these posts hilarious. At the end of the day, the ones complaining about CCWs, still abide by numerous laws they consider unconstitutional. Get a permit and show it when the seller asks, or stop complaining. Nobody is making your deal with that person. I'd rather flash my CCW for an ODT member, than to walk into a store where they want my CCW, drivers license, blood sample, and semen.

You personally pay the government, im assuming, tens of thousands of dollars.
The country as a whole is in the billions.
This type of thing is EXACTLY what they want. All these 2A supports all pissed off over a permit and not the money they are stealing from you in plain sight. The government has grown WAY beyond what it was ever intended to be.
Like i said, yall keep being all pissed off over a card and $72. Ill keep being pissed over the 40k i pay out every year to those greedy ****s.
Are you completely missing the point that the second amendment specifically restricts the government from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms?

Sure, our founders could have been more restrictive on All the other things they tax us for now days, but there is only a few that they specifically laid out in the bill of rights, and it's no mistake their second concern (second only to freedom of speech) was the natural right to self protection.

That's the problem with carry permits. It couldn't possibly be more clear.

Back
Top Bottom