• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is SHOT show not open to the public?

sparked1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
206   0
Reaction score
I’m in Vegas this week and was hoping to swing by SHOT today, but I had no idea it was a “restricted” trade show. I found it kind of odd. Anyhow, might be a dumb question, just kinda bummed. Was looking forward to it.

On a positive note, I did get my In-N-Out fix!

It's not uncommon for trade shows to be restricted to industry folks. It's not just a gun thing. At least for the majority of the shows/industries. Most of them will have one day (usually the last day) open to the public... so that's a tiny bit odd...

The CES show has roughly 160k attendees and many are just computer/tech nerds. And the big car shows are not restricted. You’d think they would capitalize on gun nuts and mall operators, i.e., ODTers. lol

The CES show has roughly 160k attendees and many are just computer/tech nerds. And the big car shows are not restricted. You’d think they would capitalize on gun nuts and mall operators, i.e., ODTers. lol

Its for dealers, distributors and media to go to learn about whats coming out, so that they can in turn promote it so that the manufacturers can make money. Can you imagine how many people would be there if it was open to the public? Millions upon millions of Fudds coming to fondle guns they couldnt afford, asking dumb questions, spewing crap so they can seem like they know everything, taking up precious time those reps could be spending with people that are going to actually generate revenue.

As unpoplar as they might be right now the NRA show is in Indianapolis this year and is open to the public.

Its for dealers, distributors and media to go to learn about whats coming out, so that they can in turn promote it so that the manufacturers can make money. Can you imagine how many people would be there if it was open to the public? Millions upon millions of Fudds coming to fondle guns they couldnt afford, asking dumb questions, spewing crap so they can seem like they know everything, taking up precious time those reps could be spending with people that are going to actually generate revenue.

As unpoplar as they might be right now the NRA show is in Indianapolis this year and is open to the public.

So basically it would be like every gun show ever? :lol:

It keeps out would be protesters / people that want to cause a seen. It just takes one asshole to shut down something like this and make it extremely hard for the organizers to get any other location in the future. Plus insurance cost would make it almost unaffordable or the rules put in place by insurance company's would make it impossible to pull off.

Just imagine the headline in the news icon there was a shooting at shot......

Back
Top Bottom