Why is this an SBR?

I've never taken one of these down, but in the gun shops they appear to be the same as 10-22 rifle actions, even take the same mag. So I suppose if'n a person had one bought as a "pistol" & he had an old beater 10-22 rifle & sold the barrel, then the action on the Charger got swapped with the old 10-22 rifle action ( repair/fix/mod?--hypothetical) the only real diff would be a serial number & then there'd be potential for a problem. Right?:confused:

If he put it in the rifle stock with the short barrel it would be an sbr and need a stamp. If he put a 16" barrel on it and put it in a rifle stock it would be legal, and he could swap it back and forth as he pleased.

Amazing! a mere technicality dreamed up by bureaucrats which could land some poor old country boy in a lot of trouble, for having something that is really no different than another something. And Ruger 10-22 s are very simple to modify......Used to have a bunch of spare parts laying around for them. :rolleyes: Even the sawing off of a shotgun barrel ( as stupid as that law is ) seems to have a little more rationale behind it than this..........Bad actors ain't gonna give a hoot one way or another....

Parts and all, a Ruger Charger is an exact copy of a Ruger 10/22, you can swap any and all parts without having to do anything else. The only difference is that the receiver says Ruger Charger on the pistol and Ruger 10/22 on the rifle.

The only time this would become an issue is if you were stupid enough to get your butt arrested and they're doing everything they can to add years to your sentencing - and you made your rifle into a pistol (or put a short barrel on your firearm with a rifle stock - can you say Encore or Contender?)

A couple years ago I bought a 10/22 and noticed the receiver said Charger... cheapest semi-auto pistol I ever bought.

I would love to have a 7.62X54R snub revolver.

Ouch! My hand hurt just thinking about that!

This entire sbr/handgun to rifle thing is absolutely senseless!!! Show me one criminal who gives a damn about federal forms and taxes!!! Hell, if they saw a barrel down, they probably stole both the gun and the hacksaw!!!

Back
Top Bottom