• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why Will You NOT Ship?

Four out of twelve of my priority shipments for August are missing. Do not ship 1st class, do not put in night drop or leave anything at counter. Stand in line for acceptance receipt or kiss goodbye. After they steal. wait 21 days, then file claim, then appeal the denial, then wait four months to get 70% of your money back.

Shipped a medium size priority package to a guy, thing weighed 25 pounds.
Gal at the P.O. couldn't hardly lift it. I just smiled and said "your rules".

Shipped 40 lbs of .44 cal bullets.

Learned a trick from Fleabay. Put one box inside the other, then duct tape all the inside seams. Easy Peesy. Post lady about had a cow. Told her as far as I was concerned. Flat Rate meant "FLAT RATE". All 40 lbs. shipped just fine.

Some shippers of bulk lead actually make a light wooden frame to support the inside of the box.

In the duct tape dept., learned yesterday that you can't use duct tape on the outside of a package. Seems the delivery trucks are too hot, the duct tape comes off, and sticks to other stuff. Counter lady was nice enough to tape over the duct tape with USPS approved tape.

I will ship anything except guns and ammo. Some of you dudes have too much time on your hands to drive an hour just to sell a dang scope. I have young kids, a wife that can’t get enough of me, and more hobbies than time. I do live in a small town and a PO trip is quick and easy. I’ve been in some bigger cities with 20 minute lines. You can always print your own label, pick up the free flat rate boxes and drop it in the drop box.

Shipping is a pain in the rear and i dont take online payments. If they want to send a Money Order and then have me ship it I might do it. On there dime plus the pain in the ass tax.

I've sold stuff on ebay for 20 years, so boxing up all kinds of stuff is no big deal (engine parts, wheels, a HD trailer hitch, clothes, speakers...). But for guns - I'd rather deal locally and meet the person. They can inspect it right there, so it's better for both buyer & seller to me.

Back
Top Bottom