Why you dont buy Chinese made knives. Buck has sold out

I wouldn't care if the were made in South Africa if the do what their supposed to do, our government has forced too many businesses overseas with sky high taxes. I prefer American but that doesn't always equal quality anymore.

haha I think this was a mistaken comment (it got deleted pretty quickly lol) all esee knives other than their machete are made in the good ol USA

It was a stupid comment that I thought was pretty funny at the time. A couple of minutes later it didn't seem as funny so I deleted it.

Some of Buck's lower price offerings are made in China. Buck is actually a company that repatriated a majority of their production. All the Buck knives I am familiar with or own are made in the USA and are of fine quality. Nothing for nothing, but I use a camp hatchet to make kindling...

Yes, most Buck knives are still USA made. Their China knives are junk. Case and Buck are two of the big ones left in the US. What a pitiful shame.

Kabar, Ontario, ESEE, etc are all American, and good to go.

The Buck 124 is an awesome Bowie knife that will make mince meat out of some kindling. Of course it is USA made.

Schrade makes everything in China these days as well...Old Timer and Uncle Henry are made in China...Not right...I admit I have an Old Timer Bowie that was made in China and it has been a beast of a Bowie knife for the money I paid...Still, it doesn't compare to a good US made blade.

Gerber...also made in China.

We need to make American knife companies great again.

It was a stupid comment that I thought was pretty funny at the time. A couple of minutes later it didn't seem as funny so I deleted it.

lol put like that it actually is pretty funny. hopefully they will just continue to make awesome products. I've actually slowly have started to see more items coming back over here for manufacturing which is a trend I really hope continues. I've been on a major kick in the past year trying to buy as many items being USA made as I can. hardest thing to find made over here are clothing and shoes

lol put like that it actually is pretty funny. hopefully they will just continue to make awesome products. I've actually slowly have started to see more items coming back over here for manufacturing which is a trend I really hope continues. I've been on a major kick in the past year trying to buy as many items being USA made as I can. hardest thing to find made over here are clothing and shoes

Buy ARs :thumb:

I remember when all the low end and crap knives came from Pakistan. I'm no expert on which is best. I need a new pocket knife and I liked several of the CRKT models i saw at Walmart last Saturday. But then I thought how good can a knife from Walmart be?

Propose this to Trump as his new slogan

Where do you think he got that slogan?

I always try to give the local small knife makers a chance. There are some very talented makers throughout the US who make extremely high quality knives. We have lots of them here in Georgia. In most cases you will pay more, but the knife you purchase is usually much higher quality, and is hand made by a hard working American. Some of my best blades are made by little known Americans.

I bought a Freeman knife at Blade this year and it is exceptional. Jeff Freeman was a designer for Gerber for 15 years and a former Fireman. He is based out of Oregon and a heck of a nice guy. I was impressed with the quality of his knives for the money. This is a 6.5" "Fireman chopper" Bowie. The overall quality of this knife blows away a production knife made by a big company. It was a bit pricey ($250) by some people's standards, but well worth it. It has a lifetime warranty, free sharpenings for life, although I highly doubt if I will ever need either. I have held blades of lesser quality that cost double what I paid. It also came with an excellent, all American sheath.

DSC00304.JPG

I remember when all the low end and crap knives came from Pakistan. I'm no expert on which is best. I need a new pocket knife and I liked several of the CRKT models i saw at Walmart last Saturday. But then I thought how good can a knife from Walmart be?

some of them not bad at all! plenty of good kershaws at walmart and as far as crkt is concerned I've had one of the cheaper m16 ones for about 4 years and beat the snot out of it and it still locks up tight, and my brother has a spring assisted one he still uses to this day and hasn't had any issues out of it, so for the money they deff seem good to go.

Where do you think he got that slogan?

I always try to give the local small knife makers a chance. There are some very talented makers throughout the US who make extremely high quality knives. We have lots of them here in Georgia. In most cases you will pay more, but the knife you purchase is usually much higher quality, and is hand made by a hard working American. Some of my best blades are made by little known Americans.

I bought a Freeman knife at Blade this year and it is exceptional. Jeff Freeman was a designer for Gerber for 15 years and a former Fireman. He is based out of Oregon and a heck of a nice guy. I was impressed with the quality of his knives for the money. This is a 6.5" "Fireman chopper" Bowie. The overall quality of this knife blows away a production knife made by a big company. It was a bit pricey ($250) by some people's standards, but well worth it. It has a lifetime warranty, free sharpenings for life, although I highly doubt if I will ever need either. I have held blades of lesser quality that cost double what I paid. It also came with an excellent, all American sheath.

View attachment 908541

that thing looks awesome!!!

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom