• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wife needs a new transmission

Moose97

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
9   0
Reaction score
Or rather her 2005 Corolla S does. The transmission issues have finally gotten to the point that we're pretty certain a new transmission is in order. Does anyone have any advise on this? Or a good affordable place to go? We are near Stone Mountain but any good referrals in the metro area would be SO helpful.

Thanks!

Matt

Do not go to Aamco. I had a 1995 mercury grand marquis and they were about to charge me close to 3 grand for the transmission. I know they aren't cheap to repair/rebuild but the car wasn't even worth 3k. They basically were trying to get as much money out of me as they could. I ended up going to a local shop which rebuilt it for $1500. My advice is to find a local shop that is willing to work with you. Maybe ask your mechanic where he suggests you should go.

Do not ever ever ever ever ever go to ANY Mr. Transmission franchise! I use Transmission King in loganville. He did me right on my truck and my van.

If you work on cars at all I would probably just get a good used trans. Thats usually much cheaper than a rebuild. You can get a low mile auto trans for for $400, some more, some less. If not see about a mechanic who will put one in for you.

Or rather her 2005 Corolla S does. The transmission issues have finally gotten to the point that we're pretty certain a new transmission is in order. Does anyone have any advise on this? Or a good affordable place to go? We are near Stone Mountain but any good referrals in the metro area would be SO helpful.

Thanks!

Matt

Try adding Lucus transmission additive and a some brake fluid, about half a pint to it. Brake fluid swells the seals and orings. It has saved me many transmissions.

Have you checked the Japanese engine and transmission importers throughout Atlanta? U could probably get one with a warranty for 1k or less. Shoot me a pm if u need help, I've got their numbers. I've saved thousands through them over the years compared to shops. Top notch customer service and quality, several places to shop.

Back
Top Bottom