Wild Boar & Deer Hunting in Georgia

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
Hey ODT Friends,

Im relatively new to Georgia (moved here a year ago this Fall) and would like to boar hunt and deer hunt. Problem is I don know what areas are good for hunting that game. Second problem is all of my hunting buddies and family hunting land is all the way back up in Southern Ohio.

So if anyone wants to help a new Georgia boy gain some footing and direction, I'd be greatly appreciative and would make it worth your while (I've been known to be a pretty damn good, solid reliable generous friend). :)

Thanks to anyone who takes a moment to comment. I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm in Cobb County right now...we're considering moving further north to the Woodstock area in the next year. But I'm good to drive an hour or two to get somewhere...maybe more if it's a great location with good harvest opportunities.

Thanks georgiabow!

I'd love to try my hand at hunting too. Go barefooted, paint my face, tie a doorag around my head armed with only a KABAR."HOOOOAAAAAH!!!!"

I'm in Cobb County right now...we're considering moving further north to the Woodstock area in the next year. But I'm good to drive an hour or two to get somewhere...maybe more if it's a great location with good harvest opportunities.

Thanks georgiabow!

if your looking for some good hog hunting, you can make the trip to the dublin area and be in hog heaven.

Hey ODT Friends,

Im relatively new to Georgia (moved here a year ago this Fall) and would like to boar hunt and deer hunt. Problem is I don know what areas are good for hunting that game. Second problem is all of my hunting buddies and family hunting land is all the way back up in Southern Ohio.

So if anyone wants to help a new Georgia boy gain some footing and direction, I'd be greatly appreciative and would make it worth your while (I've been known to be a pretty damn good, solid reliable generous friend). :)

Thanks to anyone who takes a moment to comment. I sincerely appreciate it.

Might as well learn the language while youre here. ITS HAWG HUNTIN! Good luck with it!

North GA has fairly small deer due to the browse which is mostly acorns and leafy shrubs. In South GA, the farms fatten them well. We have a home in Woodstock and Ellijay and on Monday, Labor Day, 4 nice sized does and a spike buck were munching their way across our yard. I culled a small doe last year, 60# but very tasty. Hogs are hard to find in NGA but all over the place in SGA. I use a .243 or 30-30 for NGA deer and a .270 for SGA deer and hogs. There are tons of deer in Cherokee Cty., particularly around Waleska and Lake Arrowhead. Make friends there.

Back
Top Bottom