• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Garand Value?

Raritan closed in 1964 and the stock is marked as 1963--that all tracks. I doubt that stock went anywhere but to Letterkenny where it would have set in depot rebuild supply until needed. The receiver is clearly marked for March of 1965 and that was one of the very last steps in the depot rebuild process.

Raritan closed in 1964 and the stock is marked as 1963--that all tracks. I doubt that stock went anywhere but to Letterkenny where it would have set in depot rebuild supply until needed. The receiver is clearly marked for March of 1965 and that was one of the very last steps in the depot rebuild process.
Where was the stock marked 63? All i saw was a vibrator scrawled LEAD 3-65 mark on the receiver. The stock is marked RA-P - Rariton and there's a proof mark on the heel from earlier - the depth of stamps is clearly different.

There are several SA parts, an IHC part, the sight isn't a spread-wing Winchester sight that I can see.... Mix master, frankly. Also, any arsenal rebuild I've seen had an arsenal rebuild cartouche on it. The last being a Winchester I-hole carbine that was stamped OGEK...Ogden Arsenal Elmer Keith. It was so good he didn't change much at all on it....

Regardless, in this market today it's probably worth what you told the OP...

Back
Top Bottom