• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Winchester M22 Long Rifle ammo.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
It's junk. I mean really bad. I bought 1000 rounds of this crap and the primer fails to ignite in at least 15% of it. I tried it in two separate weapons that both have a tried and true track record. Same result. I even tried firing the same rounds again and at least 50% didn't fire even the second time. It was like it wasn't primed at all.

An occasional misfire in a practice 22 is fine, it lets you practice your immediate action drills, but there's a limit to how often it's a benefit. Frustrating as hell.

It's junk. I mean really bad. I bought 1000 rounds of this crap and the primer fails to ignite in at least 15% of it. I tried it in two separate weapons that both have a tried and true track record. Same result. I even tried firing the same rounds again and at least 50% didn't fire even the second time. It was like it wasn't primed at all.

An occasional misfire in a practice 22 is fine, it lets you practice your immediate action drills, but there's a limit to how often it's a benefit. Frustrating as hell.
Did you call and inform them of their problem, it may have just been a bad batch. You may evenget another box of something else.

Check the Winchester wbsite, there was a recent recall notice on .22 ammo..I believe it was some kind of primer issue...they will exchange/replace your ammo.

Interesting. I've been hoping to find a brick of that explicitly as I've never used it. I was wondering if (or perhaps when) the post SH reality would catch up with some manufacturers. Sounds like perhaps that's the case? If you call, I'll be interested to know what they say.

Back
Top Bottom