• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester model 94 from 1905

The best place to look is gunbroker's ended auctions - look for the ones that actually had bids.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Lever-Act...ter 1894 25-35&Timeframe=1&Sort=1&PageSize=48

Yours is tough, though:
* It's been refinished, which limits collector's value
* The barrel appears to have been cut down - it's got a 'rifle' butt stock and a magazine tube that's shorter than the barrel but only a little - the shorter-barreled rifles often had magazine tubes that were very close in length to the barrel. The crown also looks non-standard, and too clean to be original.
* It's an odd caliber - might not matter as much to a collector, but the gun doesn't have much collector value. So it's really only of value to someone who wants to shoot it, and the odd caliber makes it tough. How is the bore?
* .25-35 is more of a varmint caliber - ok but not great for deer.

If I had to put a value on it I'd be thinking well under $1,000, perhaps closer to $500.

The best place to look is gunbroker's ended auctions - look for the ones that actually had bids.
https://www.gunbroker.com/Lever-Action-Rifles/search/completed?Keywords=winchester 1894 25-35&Timeframe=1&Sort=1&PageSize=48

Yours is tough, though:
* It's been refinished, which limits collector's value
* The barrel appears to have been cut down - it's got a 'rifle' butt stock and a magazine tube that's shorter than the barrel but only a little - the shorter-barreled rifles often had magazine tubes that were very close in length to the barrel. The crown also looks non-standard, and too clean to be original.
* It's an odd caliber - might not matter as much to a collector, but the gun doesn't have much collector value. So it's really only of value to someone who wants to shoot it, and the odd caliber makes it tough. How is the bore?
* .25-35 is more of a varmint caliber - ok but not great for deer.

If I had to put a value on it I'd be thinking well under $1,000, perhaps closer to $500.
I found this board in post #12. You were spot on. Thx for the reply

If you go over to the Cast Boolits web forum you will meet a lot of experts on that gun. It is popular among the cast boolit crowd.

There is also a Winchesters’ Value Forum........use a search to find them.

Back
Top Bottom