Wise Company 5 day survival backpack

check out what it takes to feed you for a day then check the calorie content of wise...then decide if it's a good deal...

Fair enough. These are going for about $30 more on other sites.

wise concentrates on servings in their advertising because the calorie content is about 200 per serving on average...so they are saying you can get by on 400 to 600 calories per day...that pack has 32 servings or 8 pouches...each pouch is about 800 calories...a typical adult male has a basal metabolism of about 2000-2500 calories per day just to exist...doesn't count strenuous activity in an emergency situation plus have you ever tried it? it's not very tasty...

wise concentrates on servings in their advertising because the calorie content is about 200 per serving on average...so they are saying you can get by on 400 to 600 calories per day...that pack has 32 servings or 8 pouches...each pouch is about 800 calories...a typical adult male has a basal metabolism of about 2000-2500 calories per day just to exist...doesn't count strenuous activity in an emergency situation plus have you ever tried it? it's not very tasty...

I've only had the Mountain House stuff. I agree on the calorie content, but at least this is a backpack ready to go with some other items. I haven't purchased it, but thought some prepper-types might be interested.

Good find and a good deal.

I expect a survival kit isn't going to provide you 100 percent of your calorie requirements. That's why it's a survival kit. Wise and Mountain House differ on calories per meal in determining servings. Always dig deeper to determine what you need to get by. Actually not a bad price to use in building a nice get home bag.

Some people have complained that 12 servings of food was whey milk. Also the food comes in 4-serving packs, so be prepared to supplement the kit with a way to measure (and eat) the food.

All in all, still a good price on the start of a short-term or get home bag.

Not bad if you figure the price of WISE food to start with. You could build a better one for cheaper though.

As have said early it's a good starting point for someone new to prep or those that don't really have time to work the best deals.

Although I feel a trip to TruPrep could get you a better quality everything for about the same.

Fair enough. These are going for about $30 more on other sites.
It IS a decent deal even though 5 days is probably overly optimistic. But it would certainly be a very good gift for those woefully unprepared relatives that just drive around blissfully ignorant with no supplies in their vehicles whatsoever.

Oh yeah throw in. Hi Point C9 and fitty rounds of hardball.:becky:

I don't think we have tried Wise food products although we may have a sample or two around here somewhere. Mountain House has been decent but what we have had came from Walmart and wasn't what I would call a good deal. I just assume that if you ordered this kit that there is some room in the bag for adding things like an LED light and batteries,Power Bars and a Lifestraw or other purification device. I scored a nice new backpack at the Kingsland Goodwill today for $4.95. And if you think about it a good bit of the expense of putting a bag together is the expense of the bag itself. I looked up the bag I got which is an Outdoor Products and it's $44.00 on Walmart.com. It's not really big enough to live out of it for 5 days but it has pockets all over it and if you make use of all of them it's probably more than you would want to carry for very far. But I don't look at bags as how far I could hike with them. I think in most situations like the great Snowpocolypse not so long ago it's usually a stuck in place situation. So the more gear the better.

Attachments

• bp1.jpg
    bp1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 16
  • bp2.jpg
    bp2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 16
I don't think we have tried Wise food products although we may have a sample or two around here somewhere. Mountain House has been decent but what we have had came from Walmart and wasn't what I would call a good deal. I just assume that if you ordered this kit that there is some room in the bag for adding things like an LED light and batteries,Power Bars and a Lifestraw or other purification device. I scored a nice new backpack at the Kingsland Goodwill today for $4.95. And if you think about it a good bit of the expense of putting a bag together is the expense of the bag itself. I looked up the bag I got which is an Outdoor Products and it's $44.00 on Walmart.com. It's not really big enough to live out of it for 5 days but it has pockets all over it and if you make use of all of them it's probably more than you would want to carry for very far. But I don't look at bags as how far I could hike with them. I think in most situations like the great Snowpocolypse not so long ago it's usually a stuck in place situation. So the more gear the better.

With that pack being MOLLE compatible you could actually add more items to the outside easily like an IFAK and water containers/purifiers. Which is what I am doing with mine as to free up more space on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom