Wma hunt

don't go to McGRAW Ford anymore..no deer there I swear:pray2:..lol

I actually split my time between there and corps land, mostly hunt during the week,,

if you see the vehicle below stop and say hi. It has a big light bar on the front and I normally have a hitch rack on the back to haul the deer I don't kill up there..lol

I have seen deer there, but only within rifle range... spooked 2 on Saturday evening at 3:30, CRAZY CLOSE to where I parked, but too far away for a bow shot. One shooter buck, and the other a young-ish doe.

I have seen deer there, but only within rifle range... spooked 2 on Saturday evening at 3:30, CRAZY CLOSE to where I parked, but too far away for a bow shot. One shooter buck, and the other a young-ish doe.
have killed one doe in the all the years I have hunted there ,could have killed a couple more. I saw a nice 8pt last year in bow range but was behind me and never offered a shot.. I hunt the weird places that no one else will and have never been walked up on by another hunter...Talked to guy that lives adjoining the property and he seems to think the surrounding clubs are hammering the deer to the point of over hunting..

have killed one doe in the all the years I have hunted there ,could have killed a couple more. I saw a nice 8pt last year in bow range but was behind me and never offered a shot.. I hunt the weird places that no one else will and have never been walked up on by another hunter...Talked to guy that lives adjoining the property and he seems to think the surrounding clubs are hammering the deer to the point of over hunting..

There have been a LOT of gun shots each morning, fewer in the evening it seems. I hunt no less than 1 hour walk from the power lines parking area on the south side closest to Free Home. This is my first year there and I have seen a good many, great sign, but nothing to draw on unfortunately. I have no problem bow hunting, I enjoy it very much, but I need at least one in the freezer so I am looking for rifle property to try and bring one home.

There was a lot more sign on McGraw last year which has me a little worried.. I would love to be able to put a cam and some corn out after season just to see whats around..

From where you park if you walk all the way to the back of the dove field till you hit a little creek the follow it up a few 100yds you hit some nice hardwoods. If you hunt where the hardwoods join the pines I have seen deer there in the past..

Back
Top Bottom