Wma hunt

I'd be interested in this, I have been hunting but never actually got anything so I would need someone to teach me what to do if someone doesn't mind.

Went squirrel hunting at Paulding WMA about a week ago hiked about 2 miles and didn't see anything, I would really like to go somewhere that actually has game.

Teaching you or anyone else what to do is part of the reasons I want to do this. There are a lot of people who want to hunt but don't really know where to start or what to do, so I figured this would be fun.
Anyone going will need to work out sleeping arrangements (tent, camper or something) either have a climber stand or ground blind or possibly a lock-on stand with climbing sticks.

You guys should try Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge in Jones County. They have quota hunts that are either sex. The first two gun hunts are the best in my opinion. It's open for archery hunting but dadgum seed ticks are horrible there.
Bob_Billy there are tons of squirrels on Paulding Forest. Finding the den trees is a sure fire way to kill a few. Wait till it cools off a bit and the foliage thins out a bit. I can take you to a few good spots if you want to give it a shot.

Last edited:
I just picked up a nice ground blind. Could probably hold 2-3 people comfortably................ LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not in any clubs this year and don't have anywhere to hunt so, I'm back to hunting public land. There are a few that I'm familiar with so, I'm thinking about picking a hunt and posting the date for any of you guys that are in the same boat I'm in. If I do, are any of y'all interested in joining us? It'll be a bring your tent or camper and bring your stand and walking boots.

I am in the same boat Sniper. I am gonna try to go down to Joe Kurz WMA next weekend(9/28) with some friends who are LE in NW GA. You are welcome to go if you want.

You guys should try Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge in Jones County. They have quota hunts that are either sex. The first two gun hunts are the best in my opinion. It's open for archery hunting but dadgum seed ticks are horrible there.
Bob_Billy there are tons of squirrels on Paulding Forest. Finding the den trees is a sure fire way to kill a few. Wait till it cools off a bit and the foliage thins out a bit. I can take you to a few good spots if you want to give it a shot.

I am drawn for a muzzle loader hunt down there and a few of my friends just got back from Piedmont Monday. It was a little hot and they never got a bead on the movement while they were there this year but we have been VERY successful there in the past both during bow season and during quota hunts. Lets get together and compare notes. Maybe we can both benefit from it.

I am in the same boat Sniper. I am gonna try to go down to Joe Kurz WMA next weekend(9/28) with some friends who are LE in NW GA. You are welcome to go if you want.

Thank you for the offer. I've never bow hunted but only cause I don't like trying to deal with snakes or trying to get the meat before it spoils.

Back
Top Bottom