WMA hunting

Ramon

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
I'm a little confused on how to be able to hunt wma and can you go to multiple different wmas, what do you need, what's the best for hog hunts and turkey?

I'm a little confused on how to be able to hunt wma
You have to purchase a WMA stamp, print it out online, get at Walmart, etc.

and can you go to multiple different wmas,

With a WMA stamp you can go to any WMA/ PFA/ WMA shooting range in the state of Ga.

what do you need,

A hunting licence, big game licence if you plan to hunt deer, or turkey.

what's the best for hog hunts and turkey?

Maybe somebody else will chime in and give more info on this, I hunt a private lease, bu get out and walk the WMA and look for signs of hogs / turkeys.
Also, to hunt hogs on WMA's, you must use a firearm for whats in season, for example, through Feb 28th is small game season so you would have to hunt with a .22 or shotgun.
Get a copy of the Ga DNR regulations and read up.
Enjoy.

The best thing to do is go to the DNR Website, gohuntga.com and read the regulations. You can download maps for all public land in Ga. Also call your local Conservation Ranger for information about local WMAs. Good Luck!!!

I'm a little confused on how to be able to hunt wma and can you go to multiple different wmas, what do you need, what's the best for hog hunts and turkey?

If you're hunting a WMA during turkey season... BE CAREFUL!!... scout your area very well and try to get AWAY from the standard pathways, and be prepared to walk up on someone or someone walk up on you. Turkey hunting is tough on public land, much different than being in a tree stand for deer IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom