• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey hunting tips and tricks

mfoster

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
86   0
Reaction score
Things you have done and resulted in killing the bird.

The most important thing I’ve done is learn to shut up when I know he is getting closer.it’s hard not to call when you don’t know if he’s still coming.remember time means nothing to a Turkey.

If he’s moving away but gobbling, be aggressive with multiple calls to sound like a flock of hot hens, cut his gobble off, cut purr keekee with a sharp cluck alot. If one gets hung up but gobbling back alot, mix in gobbler yelps and make him feel like another tom is moving in. I have a tough time with gobblers that gobble but overall quiet. I do better when they don’t gobble at all. I set up, sit still and yelp every half hour and watch. They’ll ease in sometimes without ever making a sound. I like to run and gun, by far the most fun.

Things you have done and resulted in killing the bird.

The most important thing I’ve done is learn to shut up when I know he is getting closer.it’s hard not to call when you don’t know if he’s still coming.remember time means nothing to a Turkey.
I can’t be giving out my tips 🤫 😂 one of my favorite things to do that a lot of people don’t do is hunt evenings. They usually don’t gobble as much, but I have had them come in hammering in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom