• Tacos

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

shootsacanon

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
I'm curious what most folks here prefer for their bedside set up?

I'm considering something like a TLR-7 at about $115, vs a Streamlight 88062 ProTac 2L-X at about $45.

Advantages/disadvantages?

Can something like the ProTac 2L-X handle recoil if mounted on an AR?

ETA: for clarification, TLR-7 would be on a handgun. Just curious about the ProTac handling recoil if I got a second one.

BOTH! WML for the one handed ability. Handheld so you dont have to point your gun at everything you want to see.

What he said! Also because battery operated things quit working when you need them most, best to have a backup.

The TLR series are excellent lights. I don’t have any personal experience with the ProTac. All my handguns capable of readily mounting a WML have one. So many advantages. A few of them are:
1. You draw the light when you draw the handgun
2. Can’t drop the light
3. Don’t have to worry about retaining the light during reloads/malfunction clearances
4. Can operate the light and handgun one-handed, if need be
5. Can’t forget to carry a light

I went to a shooting course a long time ago and did the whole techniques for shooting a pistol with flashlight in off hand. And I was pretty terrible. I much, much prefer the mounted light. Try shooting both ways at night and see what you think.

For the house, a couple things. I keep handheld flashlights around in case of power outages. But I have mounted lights on my nightstand guns for self-defense. I am not concerned about pointing a firearm in my house in order to see what's in front of me but I have a pretty simple living situation and can be confident if anyone is in front of me they're not supposed to be there.

Back
Top Bottom