Woo-Hoo! Omega Back! Springfield Armory Rocks!

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
180   0
Reaction score
My beloved broke on Monday. But she's tough.

This is one of my favorite guns in the stable. Went shooting with 2001SportTJ on Monday at lunch and when I got home to give 'er the once-over before the bowling pin match a small piece of metal fell out when I removed the slide. Ruh-roh.

Sure enough, the guide rod reinforcement had broken. I shot 'er Monday night at the match and she performed better than I did. Did I mention she's tough?

So today I called Springfield Armory and talked to two of the nicest women you have ever spoken to. Vickie and Kate. Fedex is spiriting my girl up to the SA plant to be (hopefully) repaired. I boxed her up, and SA paid for the shipping. Since she was going back to the factory, I just dropped 'er off at my local Fedex shop.

Cross your fingers for me, please, guys and gals. I hope they have another guide rod they can install or weld the original one. These haven't been made in a long time but she's the most accurate pistol I own. And did I mention it is 10mm? And ported?

They said they'll replace 'er with something comparable but I just can't imagine that since they don't make these any more. Guess that's the chance you take when you have "different" guns in your collection. Especially the ones that aren't made any more. But the guns I have I shoot. No safe queens in the collection, yet.

Kudos to SA for their quick response. I literally had a shipping sticker mere hours after reporting the issue. Keep your fingers crossed for me they can make 'er whole again!

Attachments

• PICT0251.jpg
    PICT0251.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Pistolas 112.jpg
    Pistolas 112.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Pistolas 111.jpg
    Pistolas 111.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Good luck, hope they fix this up for yah. I'm curious to see how it turns out

I'll keep you posted.

I was hoping for the "we have a replacement in stock and will ship it to you" but I think these things (guide rods for Omega's) are either all gone or scarce as hen's teeth.

I'm hoping for the latter scenario and that I get a new guide rod. If they only have a few left, I couldn't blame them for making you send your gun in just to prove you are the one with the problem vs someone just trying to get a part they could sell on ebay. I know I'd pay a pretty penny for one right now!

I'm just impressed this thing has a lifetime warranty. I may have to check out some of the other SA offerings...

Back
Top Bottom