• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IWB carry and back pain

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
189   0
Reaction score
I've been carrying a Ruger Ec9 for about 3 years. My dad gave it to me for Christmas, so I was obligated to carry it. lol I like the gun but found the limited amount of rounds was always in the back of my head and the grip is a little too thin in my hand. This Christmas I gave my daughters a Glock 43 and and a 42. I really like the feel of them, so I picked up a 43X for myself. I've been carrying the 43X in a IWB holster at 4 o'clock. I've been experiencing some low right side back pain the last couple of weeks. It goes away when I stop carrying. I wouldn't think the weight difference between the Ec9 and 43X would cause this much discomfort. I don't particularly care for an OWB because I want to be inconspicuous. I'll let grandpa fudd be the one to take the first round wearing his high point in an uncle mike's when the shtf.
Anyone else experienced this ?
I'm looking for other options in a IWB holster that spreads the weight over a larger area without being the size of a medium pizza. appendix carry is out of the question, I like my junk too much and my 6 pack is closer to a keg.

I've been carrying a Ruger Ec9 for about 3 years. My dad gave it to me for Christmas, so I was obligated to carry it. lol I like the gun but found the limited amount of rounds was always in the back of my head and the grip is a little too thin in my hand. This Christmas I gave my daughters a Glock 43 and and a 42. I really like the feel of them, so I picked up a 43X for myself. I've been carrying the 43X in a IWB holster at 4 o'clock. I've been experiencing some low right side back pain the last couple of weeks. It goes away when I stop carrying. I wouldn't think the weight difference between the Ec9 and 43X would cause this much discomfort. I don't particularly care for an OWB because I want to be inconspicuous. I'll let grandpa fudd be the one to take the first round wearing his high point in an uncle mike's when the shtf.
Anyone else experienced this ?
I'm looking for other options in a IWB holster that spreads the weight over a larger area without being the size of a medium pizza. appendix carry is out of the question, I like my junk too much and my 6 pack is closer to a keg.

I have a full-size Canik TP9v2 that I bought an Alien Gear CloakTuck 2.0 IWB holster for…. yes, it is larger than a simple single-clip kydex holster but still smaller than a medium pizza with two belt clips, it spreads the carry weight and is very comfortable…. even carrying a larger piece of hardware (with 19 rnds). The inside portion is padded and covered with a non-wicking material that is comfortable in warm weather and it has a kydex shell that offers great retention. I typically carry at the 4 o'clock position as well.

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have switched to carrying appendix style for this exact reason. Any weight on my hip leaves my back in intense pain. I carry a p229 Sao with a light and optic with no problem or pain now

Back
Top Bottom