• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

World series ticket prices. lolwut?

I went to college near St. Louis and attended the 1967 and 1968 World Series. Stayed in line all night for bleacher seats, limit two tickets per person, they were $3.00/each.....twice what regular season seats cost.

Saw the GREAT Bob Gibson strike out 17 Detroit Tigers in 68.

l-intro-1621974712.jpg

What he said ^^^

Thats like saying you should never pay to experience anything because you can never get the money back.

Would you pay $1000 to watch LSU play in the national championship game if it was in Atlanta and it was something on your bucket list? Because you may never get that chance again in your life.

It aint all about money in the bank. Some people like to experience life.
That's not like saying that at all. Everything is relative. For a guy with millions sitting idle I'm sure $13k for a couple hours of entertainment is nothing. For the average person, I'm pretty sure it's insane. Color me average I guess. If I ever get to the point I can whizz away $13k on a ball game, I hope I give it to someone that actually needs it.
No I wouldn't pay $1,000 to watch LSU play in the national championship even though I could easily afford it. I've had multiple chances in my life and suspect I'll have a few more. ;) I've been to one national championship game (Bama vs Miami). The tickets appropriately carried a 'premium', but even at that youthful age and modest income, I could easily justify it. (Can't really remember, maybe $150). Apparently the average per captia income in Georgia is just north of $31k. When a ticket price equals 42% of that, we've reach stupid levels.

It will be interesting to see how many seats are filled.

My guess is that companies/corporations are about the only entities that can afford this kind of entertainment. And that makes it a write-off as entertainment expense.
My bet is that almost every seat will be filled. The crazy prices you are seeing are not what the Braves sold them for. I know several people who got mulitple tickets for at or around $400. The looney tunes pricing you are seeing on StubHub and various places are people flipping two and three hundred dollar tickets. I suspect that the prices will plummet over the next few days as people aren't buying them.

Thats like saying you should never pay to experience anything because you can never get the money back.

Would you pay $1000 to watch LSU play in the national championship game if it was in Atlanta and it was something on your bucket list? Because you may never get that chance again in your life.

It aint all about money in the bank. Some people like to experience life.

1000 dollars isn’t going to get you that seat. I couldn’t find a seat under 3 grand a couple of years ago for UGA/Alabama championship game.

OK, I know most "Wouldn't pay 50 cents!", but out of curiosity I clicked on the vivid seats link from an email I got.
You are reading this correctly, standing room only seats are $915, EACH.
And 'good' seats are over $13,000, EACH. :faint2:
"America's sport" is clearly not for the poors. :suspicious:
Sure, because we gotta pay those guys their millions & millions in salaries...

Back
Top Bottom