• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would anyone be intrested in an ODT 22lr match?

What Month would you like to see an ODT22LR match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hellz to the yeah. I’m in. Provided I’m not working 7 days a week still. I hated I missed the last two matches at Red Hill.

Interested. Could someone with experience talk about how the match is conducted? Optics? Bolt vs semi?
Distance? Tx. Specific ammo?
Assuming its in an NRL type format you can expect steel targets at one or multiple ranges, with a time limit and a max round count per stage. Positions can be pretty much anything the match director dreams up. Might be prone, might be off hand, might be sitting, might be any position but the gun can't touch the ground. This is usually the challenging part. Points are earned on a hit or miss basis. Dont worry about someone hitting the x ring more than you.

Optics can be whatever you want but having decent max magnification in the 15x neighborhood with parallax adjustment down to 25 yds is optimal. More magnification doesn't hurt. I've seen 3-9 and 4-12 hunting scopes on the line before though so don't let that hold you back.

Bolts and semis are both allowed. If the stage requires movement, a bolt gun is more intuitive. Bolt back, move, chamber a round, shoot. Semi tend to be, safe the gun, make it obvious, move, take off safe and engage. Moving without gun on safe can earn you the DQ goose egg for that stage. That said I shoot a 10/22 Franken Roger.

Ammo is anything 22lr. Most folks run match ammo of some sort. SK Jagd or wolf match seem to work well for most. I shoot lapua center x.

Reactions: clp
Interested. Could someone with experience talk about how the match is conducted? Optics? Bolt vs semi?
Distance? Tx. Specific ammo?
Can't speak 100%, but imagine that this will be similar to past NRL22 and PRS style 22 matches. There will be a number of squads with an RO for each squad. Stages will be around 10 rounds per stage, 90 to 120 seconds per stage.. Multiple targets at multiple distances per stage. Some stages may require movement and changes in positions. If you youtube nrl22 match, you should be able to get a decent feel.

NRL22 goes out to 100 yards. clp clp has the ability to design stages out to 300 yards. How far targets go will depend on his course design.

Scopes are near necessary. FFP is advantageous for most, but not necessary. Bolt or semi auto are fine. Move with bolt back for the bolt guns, safety on for the semi autos. No specific ammo, but generally speaking, standard velocity is best for target work and better ammo gets better results. 22lr is finicky, so a good idea to test various ammo in your specific rifle.

Targets can get pretty small, down to .25 inch. In general, about 1 - 2 MOA. Some may be smaller, some may be larger. And apparently, clp clp is gonna mess with us with some target that have holes in the center (looking at that virus). Good ammo and a good, clean view or the target will make life more enjoyable. Shot-up, grayed-out targets in grass can be hard to find and see with irons and questionable scopes.

Back
Top Bottom