Would love to have a Shed/Barn find like this...

ocean_glocker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
140   0
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014...im-16-shelby-gt500-found-under-40-years-dust/

found-shelby-feature-660.jpg

Mint 1969 Shelby GT500 found under 40 years of dust

From dust to dust, people and cars come and go, but sometimes the old is reborn … and out of the dust emerges something immaculate.

A 1969 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 428 Cobra Jet is a mouthful to say but it will drop any car enthusiasts jaw. This particular garage-find was owned and perfectly preserved by a now-deceased automotive connoisseur.

Larry never washed the car for fear of scratching the paintjob or cause even the slightest bit of rust. Yahoo News estimates that the only time the car was ever washed was before delivery. Accordingly, the car is in absolute show room condition, except for a layer of dust.

This snake features a larger, 428-cubic-inch Cobra Jet engine mated to a four-speed manual transmission, which has only run 8,500 miles in total. The spark plugs, belts, fan, and hoses are all original. The only items that are not from 1968 are the tires.

Considering this highly collectable GT500 has sat since 1973 it’s an extreme rarity. The Mustang was originally purchased for just $5,245 in 1969. Now, though,it should sell at auction for over $100,000.

The car will be auctioned off by Ron Gilligan Auctioneering on April 25th.

It also looks like pack-rat owner also owned a 1971 Ford Ranchero with only 53,000 miles on it, and get this … a 1974 Ford Econoline Custom 100 van with only 554 original miles. Both vehicles are for sale along with a variety of other mint, perfectly maintained vehicles from the estate.

read the story about this car a few weeks ago, very cool.. wasn't exactly a garage find the man died with no relitives and the car will be auctioned off with several other cool cars and other stuff, The state will probably get the money from the sale..

Last edited:
The 1969 Shelby cars are particularly rare. Cars made that year did not sell very well, and Shelby cancelled his agreement with Ford mid year. A large number of 69 models were retrieved from dealerships, revised, given new VIN plates - and sold as 1970 models.

read the story about this car a few weeks ago, very cool.. wasn't exactly a garage find the man died with no relitives and the car will auctioned off with several other cool cars and other stuff, The state will probably get the money from the sale..

i would rather give my neighbor i barely ever wave to my stuff, before i let the government take the funds off the sale of it

Back
Top Bottom