• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you be safe if Atlanta was hit?

Anybody remember duck and cover drills. We praticed these during the 60's when I was in elementary school
We had them at my elementary, too. Seems like they stopped around 2rd or 3rd grade, which for me would have been between 68-70. My memory of those years are highly selective. In other words, I'm getting old. :orange:

The guy that draws the short straw piles dirt on everyone else's hole then he takes one for the team.
They rebuild society and name a middle school in his memory.

...and then re-name it 5 years later when it comes out that he felt up his high school girlfriend in the back seat of her dad's Lincoln on prom night and 45 years later she didn't specifically remember saying yes!

Did they teach you how to do that? Must take some special skills:
Dig a hole, then get in it, then cover the opening with plywood or tarp, then put a couple inches of soil on top of that.
How exactly do you shovel the soil on top, from inside?
upload_2018-5-16_20-47-35.jpeg

You aren't going to throw a board completely over the top of a foxhole. The idea is to create an area with some soil between you and the radiation fallout
using the above picture as a place to start explaining. You could use a pair of logs to tilt and support one end of the roof to provide some overhang and ventilation. Between the spider hole and the roof, create enough space to crawl in after shoveling a couple inches of soil on top.

Remember you are going to have to hole up for a week or two for the radiation to stop falling. Might as well dig yourself a comfortable place to wait.

Back
Top Bottom