• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

would you do this

Would you do this

• yes

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • no

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • only if didn't care if I got any for 6 mos.

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DRT, I'm hunting for meat. I'd be upset if she had the opportunity to shoot something else and passed because it wasn't what she wanted. Can't eat antlers anyhow.

I am watching a hunting show a husband and wife are hunting together. The wife has been hunting a particular buck all season she pretty well has him patterned just can't seem to get all the stars to align and close the deal.

Husband goes into the area she has been hunting and kills the buck...

unless you like to sleep in the dog house for a year.

again this is my way of thinking . I love my wife more then a deer on the wall..If she has been after a certain buck all season and can't put all the pieces together for whatever reason, I am not going to kill that deer no matter what there is always next year. Maybe next year we can put a better plan of attack together and she can kill it.. I don't care how cool you think your wife would be with you killing her deer trust me she isn't, been married a total of 28 years that is not how a womans brain works..
She may say fine,cool,awesome on the outside but on the inside she is upset and will hold it in for years and one day way down the road she will throw it in your face..lol.. it's a trump card to win an argument and trust me they have lots of them saved up, learned that from my first wife..lol

BTW if I really figure out woman I will write a book..lol

Why would you take your wife hunting in the first place?

it's about love and respect..I take my wife hunting because I love her and she shares my passion for the outdoors... It's another way for us to connect and continue to build a strong and healthy marriage.. She killed her first two deer with a bow this year it was awesome. I couldn't have been more happy if I had killed a B&C buck..and meat in the freezer or not I still would not do it..

I had a girlfriend that hunted with me. It got to where I could not even go without her and that was a drag at times. Sorry but it was. She learned a lot from me and I saw perhaps the biggest buck I have ever seen with her holding the gun. 70 yards and she couldn't even see it. She got angry when I asked her to hand me the rifle. I mean really angry. I watched that dude walk right out of my life forever and she never even got a good look at him. Lucky for me my lady now does not hunt and I'm actually glad about it. To answer the question though, yes, of course I would shoot the deer. No hunter can claim a deer they haven't even seen, much less shot. If the she hunters don't like the rules of the game, they need to stay in the kitchen.

I wouldnt if she really had her heart set on getting it but if it wasnt that big of a deal then yes.

A friend of mine took his 8 yr old son to the stand to hopefully get his first deer. He didn't take a gun. Biggest buck he ever saw in his life walked out in plain broadside view. The fever hit and he grabbed the gun out of his sons hand and drew a bead..easy shot. Just as he was about to squeeze the trigger he realized 'My God what am I doing? I cant do this I would never live it down.' He handed the gun back...son got his first deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom