Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
I sometimes wish they would go ahead and make it illegal to even possess a firearm much less carry one.

That generally happens when some supposed supporter of the second amendment calls me some sort of name because I find it more comfortable to open carry than to stuff a handgun in my pants. In my book you either support the right to keep and bear UNINFRINGED or you don't. IF you DON'T support it uninfringed then it seems to me you ought not complain about any particular weapon ban or a magazine capacity limit or infringement on when, how, and or where you may carry.

Protective measures said it best. These people open carrying ARs and AKs and such are making Pro-2a supporters lose the public relations battle something fierce. It's almost to the point where I feel like the NRA or GA carry should start being very outspoken AGAINST such behavior. Otherwise the non-gun public thinks we're all guilty by association and, like protective measures said, they'll be pushed to vote for the other side.

I agree that we are protected by the constitution (although not as much as we should be), but the current political environment is scary when you think about how many elites want to take away our freedoms. Our biggest defense is a heavy pro-2a voting presence, and open carrying AKs and such isn't the way to get it.

I would support a policy of "if you carry a long gun inside this restaurant or bar, you will be swiftly disarmed and have your skull caved in with it" policy.

Because that is exactly what would happen if one of those idiots were to walk upon someone who really meant to harm them.

CC of a pistol is smart. OC of a pistol is debatable (I can see where it might be good, but I would hate to give up the element of surprise.) OC of a rifle in a confined area like a bar, restaurant, or supermarket is tactically useless and stupider than hell.
(I still believe that most of the people we see strolling around a store with an AK or AR are actually working for anti-gun interests. Any moron has to realize how retarded that is.)

Last edited:
Open carry of long guns as a political statement has it's place... gun rights/control rallies are one obvious case.

Otherwise I agree that these guys do more harm than good. I know they say they want to get the public used to the sight of openly carried firearms, but if that's the case they are doing it wrong.

In medicine, when you go in to have an allergy treated, they don't just hit you will a full dose of whatever you are allergic to. That would send you into shock and kill you. Instead they start with a very weak dose of the allergen, and over time build it up to higher and higher doses, until eventually your body no longer reacts to the full dose.

Rather than start small and limited in their protests and work up, these OC folks take it so far over the top that they shock the system, instead of increasing it's tolerance. Not good for us or them.

Given all the negative press they've generated, even among the firearms community, I can't imagine that Texas legislators have any inclination to give them what they want and allow OC of pistols.

Because idiots want to shove their 2nd Amen. rights down the throats of the "average" people in public by posturing in public w/ their "assault rifles" (as inaccurately defined by the media & many "non-gun" people who don't know any better).
GREAT job.... keep it up.
If they keep trying hard enough they just might be able to push the "non-gun" crowd over the fence far enough to get some serious anti-gun legislation w/ teeth passed

In a very relaxed, non-violent urban setting such as a family restaurant or retail store when some stranger walks in w/ an AR/AK rifle strapped on it makes me very nervous. I don't know who they are or what there intentions are... but I do know their weapons capability.

Remember the guy in Aurora, Colorado? He calmly carried his AR into a movie theater.

I believe by now that is is safe & accurate to say that these jerks who have been strapping on their long guns & parading them around to make a political statement have been very successful at having several businesses ban all guns from their store who would have never done so w/o being pushed or provoked.
They may as well be working on behalf of the anti-gun groups because they have furthered their agendas much better than those groups have on their own.

Saved me some typing here, PM. Good post.

Open carry of long guns as a political statement has it's place... gun rights/control rallies are one obvious case.

Otherwise I agree that these guys do more harm than good. I know they say they want to get the public used to the sight of openly carried firearms, but if that's the case they are doing it wrong.

In medicine, when you go in to have an allergy treated, they don't just hit you will a full dose of whatever you are allergic to. That would send you into shock and kill you. Instead they start with a very weak dose of the allergen, and over time build it up to higher and higher doses, until eventually your body no longer reacts to the full dose.

Rather than start small and limited in their protests and work up, these OC folks take it so far over the top that they shock the system, instead of increasing it's tolerance. Not good for us or them.

Given all the negative press they've generated, even among the firearms community, I can't imagine that Texas legislators have any inclination to give them what they want and allow OC of pistols.

The problem is that the American people have been "exposed" to the gun "allergen" for over 200 years. What they are experiencing is more of a case of hypochondria... the media is telling them that guns make them sick, so people feel sick. It's our job to educate these poor lost souls, and hiding our dirty little gun secret will not help. I don't always oc, but when I do, I do so with a good attitude and ready to educate.

I sometimes wish they would go ahead and make it illegal to even possess a firearm much less carry one.

That generally happens when some supposed supporter of the second amendment calls me some sort of name because I find it more comfortable to open carry than to stuff a handgun in my pants. In my book you either support the right to keep and bear UNINFRINGED or you don't. IF you DON'T support it uninfringed then it seems to me you ought not complain about any particular weapon ban or a magazine capacity limit or infringement on when, how, and or where you may carry.

Then you live in an unrealistic world of black and whites.

No one here has said anything about making it illegal. So claiming it is an issue of a right being infringed upon is not what this is about. This is about the RIGHT of a business to control what is allowed on their private property. What they have said is that it's incredibly stupid and destructive to our rights because it is a right being abused and could very well result in it becoming illegal due to a high level of negative public reaction.

I have carried a weapon most of my adult life (over 35 years) and even I go on alert when I see someone open carrying a long gun in an urban setting. I seriously question the mentality of the person carrying it. 99% of them are either intentionally dangerous or so stupid it makes them dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom