Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

Would you support a non-gun related business having a “no LONG GUNS allowed” sign/policy?

• Total voters
The problem is that the American people have been "exposed" to the gun "allergen" for over 200 years. What they are experiencing is more of a case of hypochondria... the media is telling them that guns make them sick, so people feel sick. It's our job to educate these poor lost souls, and hiding our dirty little gun secret will not help. I don't always oc, but when I do, I do so with a good attitude and ready to educate.

So your solution is to scare the crap out of people that currently support the 2A. Good plan. :tsk:

Exactly, what IS their motivation? That's why I go on alert anytime I see it.

Im with you, as others have said I think it's pure stupidity or they may work for the other side. Anyone with half a brain that cares about 2a rights just isn't going to do this because it's easy to see how this is going to do more harm than good. I don't want to be in the same room as anyone dumb enough to do this.

Then you live in an unrealistic world of black and whites.

No one here has said anything about making it illegal. So claiming it is an issue of a right being infringed upon is not what this is about. This is about the RIGHT of a business to control what is allowed on their private property. What they have said is that it's incredibly stupid and destructive to our rights because it is a right being abused and could very well result in it becoming illegal due to a high level of negative public reaction.

I have carried a weapon most of my adult life (over 35 years) and even I go on alert when I see someone open carrying a long gun in an urban setting. I seriously question the mentality of the person carrying it. 99% of them are either intentionally dangerous or so stupid it makes them dangerous.

What statistics are you deriving this 99% from?

OK now lets be fair...

lets make the conditions as they are in Texas, where all of these protests are happening.

Conceal Permits are shall issue after one hundred forty dollars for the license and then the cost of classes and a lengthy wait.
Open Carry is criminal... this includes printing at ANY level. "hey, is that a gun under your shirt?"

Many of them are protests coordinated with management.

now answer the questions.

Open carry of long guns as a political statement has it's place... gun rights/control rallies are one obvious case.

Otherwise I agree that these guys do more harm than good. I know they say they want to get the public used to the sight of openly carried firearms, but if that's the case they are doing it wrong.

In medicine, when you go in to have an allergy treated, they don't just hit you will a full dose of whatever you are allergic to. That would send you into shock and kill you. Instead they start with a very weak dose of the allergen, and over time build it up to higher and higher doses, until eventually your body no longer reacts to the full dose.

Rather than start small and limited in their protests and work up, these OC folks take it so far over the top that they shock the system, instead of increasing it's tolerance. Not good for us or them.

Given all the negative press the Liberals have generated, even among the firearms community, I can't imagine that Texas legislators have any inclination to give them what they want and allow OC of pistols.

Media is telling you what they want their subjects to hear.
more people are killed by cars than rifles but for some reasons it's OK to text and drive while drinking your latte and putting on your eyeliner, but if you legally OC a rifle at a protest the media has a field day...

wonder why?

Its as simple as this open carry or concealed is just a shirt covering what you carry un tuck and carry in.. tuck when you what to make a statement. should stand to reason that "common sense approach" should be used when carrying in a "no guns allowed" zone or business,but there is that occasional butt head that just doesn't get it.If you have to give them business just do it and get it over with,or don't spend any money with them and use the inter web ...

Last edited:
What statistics are you deriving this 99% from?

Personal observation and logic. Why WOULD someone go to the trouble of carrying a long gun? They are either up to no good, are an activist that is to stupid to realize the negative effect it has or they are a "tough guy" that WANTS to intimidate people and CLAIMS to be an activist.

I wouldn't trust the intelligence or motivations of any one of those three to handle a firearm safely. So yeah, on alert is the smart thing to be.

BTW, I think number three is the motivator for the OVERWHELMING number of people that do this and so does practically everyone else that sees them.

Back
Top Bottom