• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would you trade muzzleloader deer season for fall turkey?

Would you give up hunting deer with a muzzleloader for fall turkey with a shotgun?

• Yes, I would rather have my deer woods shot up by turkey hunters before I hunt deer with a rifle.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No.

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesnt really matter to me.They have bastardized muzzleloader so bad its a joke.
ditto..it used to be called primitave weapons season here in GA..a primitive weapon M/L wise is a flintlock or older style cap lock..LOL not a modern in-line that can shoot 400yds

And I still think we could allow "harvest" of turkey in fall without interfering with other seasons , the same way they do in KY.

as I have already said you do not not need to interrupt Deer season for a fall turkey season... make the turkey season during the archery season and then we can zap one from our tree stands or ground blinds..

Last edited:
I don't want to go hunt turkeys if the majority carrying muzzleloading rifles or crossbows. Especially if we get to use dogs. Lost birds, wounded hunters, dead dogs leading to dead hunters...no, thanks. Make it vertical bow or shotgun only with dogs, please. And add a second season at a lull between the first and second deer ruts for turkeys plus wood ducks and general small game; also with dogs.

Although I know the poll is not statistically significant I am surprised it is as close as 60/40.

Back
Top Bottom