• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTB a .30-.30 crimp

ddennis

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
So - I found a set of .30-.30 Dies..(actually old RCBS .30 WCF) that someone had given me a long time ago, and I need a crimp die to be able to use them. Anyone have one they'll part with?

Even with a very old die set? (Obviously I'm still new!) The dies are so old they're labeled .30 wcf instead of. 30-30

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Even with a very old die set? (Obviously I'm still new!) The dies are so old they're labeled .30 wcf instead of. 30-30

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

well I can't say as to how old but I was loading the 30-30 back in the 70's with RCBS dies and they would crimp if adjusted properly.
read the instructions with the die set, and try a couple cases and see if they aren't crimped.
IF you want to do a taper crimp then get a Lee factory crimp die.

well I can't say as to how old but I was loading the 30-30 back in the 70's with RCBS dies and they would crimp if adjusted properly.
read the instructions with the die set, and try a couple cases and see if they aren't crimped.
IF you want to do a taper crimp then get a Lee factory crimp die.

Thanks - no paperwork was with these. Just the dies. I'll play with them later, I don't have any .30 bullets yet. Will get some ordered next week. Thanks for the info! I still have a TON to learn. :-)

I've got a set of 30-30 dies from the mid 70's. The seater die does have a crimp ring in it. However, I no longer use any seater die to apply a crimp. I've had much for success and uniformity using a Lee Factory Crimp Die for each separate caliber. This die will never cause a neck bulge even if your trimming is not exactly consistent from one case to the next.

Bayou

Back
Top Bottom