• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTB cheap .22 that I can turn into a tack driver

Good luck with your project but sounds like contradiction in terms.
Guess best way to stay cheap and drive tacks be one of the
Savage choices, add a scope, and paint your tacks orange
for best visibility. If that's too much try a Cricket bolt action
single shot w/scope.
One thing I never have figured out is why folks hate tacks so much.

whats cheap? what is your budget?
if you want a "tack driver" go to 17hmr. i have a savage 93 heavy barrel 17hmr with a vortex scope. it is a "tack driver" just about every time i take it out shooting,when we are done. i shoot the roofing nails that we use to hold up the target. i can shoot less than 1/8 inch groups at 100 yards with it from the bench. it holds the best group of anything i have owned. ammo is 10 to 12 bucks for 50 rounds. its also fun to snipe squirrels at 150+ yards..

There is a Ruger American rimfire on here today, bull barrel, threaded. It should be a tack driver, mine was and is. It’s comes with a good scope as well.

Ruger American rimfire. Take a wood dowel sand down the barrel channel. Pay close attention to the tip. Mount a rimfire scope with 50 yard parallax or AO. Use weaver #12 mounts or a good rail. Google Ruger American trigger job-do what is says. Put about 500 rounds through the rifle. Your welcome.
Thank me later.

whats cheap? what is your budget?
if you want a "tack driver" go to 17hmr. i have a savage 93 heavy barrel 17hmr with a vortex scope. it is a "tack driver" just about every time i take it out shooting,when we are done. i shoot the roofing nails that we use to hold up the target. i can shoot less than 1/8 inch groups at 100 yards with it from the bench. it holds the best group of anything i have owned. ammo is 10 to 12 bucks for 50 rounds. its also fun to snipe squirrels at 150+ yards..
Easy now...
_103424017_mary-mcgowan_caught-in-the-act_00001294.jpg

Back
Top Bottom