• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTH

Brother u would be surprised how many grown ups can't even start a fire with a book of matches or a lighter

I get called a PYRO because I have no problem starting a fire. I know some that couldn't get it going pouring gas on it. nothing better than a fire in the fireplace in the winter or sitting outside around the fire pit.

Now that summer is here and school is out the kids are bringing their buddies over to the house.
We trow a log on the fire and cook over it a good bit at my house you see. I have had the third teenager look at me all stupid and say whats a Smores.
WTH kind kid in Georgia doesn't know what a Smore is?
It makes me sad and gives me a bad feeling as to where most folks stand on the prep and survival business.
We cook outside over the fire for fun and to see what works and doesn't work.
I am always amazed at the kids who look like they are coming into a Klan meeting when we are out by the fire.
Now I know Smores will not be on the list when the SHTF but they are a dang fine way to keep the kids around the fire and maybe learn a few of life's finer points like grilled Treet Meat.:cool:

Ain't that the truth! It's a very sad fact, but people like us are being are going the way of the dodo from Atlanta north.

This made a friend of mine and myself develop a class for these people like the one we used to give in the third world counties. It goes from food to sanitation, camp placement to bugs, weather injury prevention and so on (the things we learned while hunting with our dad). We plan to offer a practical and bring Survivor Johnny on to finish it up.

Look at the sales of "fire starter logs", I wish I new how much money that industry makes off of people who don't understand the concept of kindling

Look at the sales of "fire starter logs", I wish I new how much money that industry makes off of people who don't understand the concept of kindling

I love to see the rich pine in Kroger ever year for sale. Lighter wood for $20.00, it should read Lighter Wood for those that don't know you can pick it up for free in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom