• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTT for Handheld GPS

stasher1

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Reaction score
Family has been getting into geocaching lately, and a handheld GPS would be useful when the cell signal is bad. Something like a Garmin eTrex 22x would be great.

I have several hundred rounds of Federal XM193 and Sellier & Bellot M193 to work with along with a pair of sequentially numbered Anderson bare AR15 lowers and two PSA LPKs, so if you have something nicer than an Etrex 22x, I might still be interested.

Family has been getting into geocaching lately, and a handheld GPS would be useful when the cell signal is bad. Something like a Garmin eTrex 22x would be great.

I have several hundred rounds of Federal XM193 and Sellier & Bellot M193 to work with along with a pair of sequentially numbered Anderson bare AR15 lowers and two PSA LPKs, so if you have something nicer than an Etrex 22x, I might still be interested.
Why do that at all? You can get geocaching apps for the iPhone for nothing near what you're thinking of trading..... even with weak cells or no service you can try things listed here.

Geocaching without cell phone coverage - Geocaching® iPhone App - Geocaching Forums

We have apps already. The GPS will also be used for backpacking trips where it's best to conserve your phone's battery in case you really need it. A handheld GPS will have a couple AA batteries that last for ~24 hrs straight and can be swapped out when necessary.

To clarify, I'm not looking for a device to use for geocaching at the local park. I'm talking about weekend or multi-day trips.

We have apps already. The GPS will also be used for backpacking trips where it's best to conserve your phone's battery in case you really need it. A handheld GPS will have a couple AA batteries that last for ~24 hrs straight and can be swapped out when necessary.
I threw away all my Garmins years ago...

I have a Garmin GPS map 62st if you might be interested. I don’t use it so if you want it I would trade for a box of rifle ammo
Thanks Ray

Attachments

• 6BCC28F7-2381-4CFC-AFCE-4D9F51151D9E.jpeg
    6BCC28F7-2381-4CFC-AFCE-4D9F51151D9E.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom