• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Wwat's the best things to do in Destin Florida for a vacation?

[QUO I also recommend eating at Dewey Destin Seafood restaurant. You can drive the boat over and just tie off at the dock and have some fresh seafood that was caught that day. http://www.destinseafood.com/
Or you could just drive by car, its just before the bridge on Calhoun if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

They have another location on 98 just before the Harbor Bridge that you can drive to and is climate controlled.
Also, Harbor Walk is fun for the whole family. Baytowne Wharf is a great night out.
How many kids and what are their ages? Museum in Ft. Walton is great and they have inside stuff if it's raining.

Best place would be not in FL right now. About to get stupid down there.

^^^^This. I wouldn't spend my money in a state that made the decision to fire the Sanford Police Chief and then file murder charges against Zimmerman for political reasons. I especially wouldn't be visiting Florida now, as some stupid shizzle is probably about to start.

Pontoon rental a must if you have kids or if you are a kid at heart...See big john at LUTHER'S 850-650-8733 202 B Harbor Blvd.......
A have to ; Eat at Fuddpuckers if you like seafood.
Tell Big John Tony sent you!.......if he looks lost tell him the guy that sank his pontoon boat in the Gulf of Mexico!

Last edited:
Yes, 2x on the State Park on the east side of town. $3.00 a car load for the day and lots of room; look across the water to the people stacked like cord wood in front of their condos. Its across the street from WalMart...a required stop since you have kids!

Also, east side of town on the waterfront is Pompano Joe's restaurant for excellent local flavor. The appetizers are so big, you don't even need to order an entree.
Downtown is the Lighthouse restaurant with 1/2 price "happy hour" dinners until 9:00p.m.

If you are military/retired/civil service, the Army Rec Center is on the bay side and they rent boats too. Look at Benning MWR for more info.

If you are from the west (Alabama) stop at Foley at Lambert's Cafe....home of "throwed rolls"... good old-fashioned farm cooking and a cultural experience (don't move when they throwed the rolls......)

Back
Top Bottom