• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Scale model’s

Thanks for the kind words Gentlemen, I sincerely appreciate it.
Very nice work as always!, need to get pictures of all your others as well, organize them into one gallery based on type?
I’ll try to do that. I need to organize my hobby room and display shelves anyhow. I’ve run out of room.
Me too! I grew up squirting Testors glue all over planes and tanks and drooling over the full color diorama guides inside the box!

Wudee Wudee work is everything I wanted, hoped and dreamed about as a kid.
Funny you say that, pushing 50 I still look at Shep Payne and Francois Verlinden dioramas in old magazines etc. I remember back in the late 70’s/early 80’s checking out my older brothers Tamiya catalogs and just being in awe, lol.

I’ll try to do that. I need to organize my hobby room and display shelves anyhow. I’ve run out of room.

Funny you say that, pushing 50 I still look at Shep Payne and Francois Verlinden dioramas in old magazines etc. I remember back in the late 70’s/early 80’s checking out my older brothers Tamiya catalogs and just being in awe, lol.
I couldn’t remember the guy’s name that did all the dioramas for Monogram, I thought it was “Shep” something. I do remember the absolute excellent detail that gave the diorama a snapshot in time quality that could be viewed from 360 degrees. The mesmerized me then and they started lol do.

Two that stick hard in my memory are the British Paras taking down a German Ostwind in a rubble filled street in Arnhem and a B-17 crash landed on its home airfield. I stared at both for hours!

And let me add, your work is just as good as Shep’s!!!!

E510C19B-DA34-4552-BA4C-8C2F37BF7915.jpeg
Here‘s a mock up of my current project. Combined a flak 36 and a heavy railcar. The wood “armor” and platforms are scratch built from balsa, brass, and styrene. It’s about 90% finished now.

Back
Top Bottom