• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Scale model’s

I'm still chugging along on this model airplane.........

image_50454017.JPG

Damn I just gave a ton away
Been picking a few here and there. Ed's Hobby Shop in Myrtle Beach was a great place to find paint. The kits I've been picking up there and the flea market but ebay is the best for multiple kits in one lot.

Attachments

• 20231122_204018.jpg
    20231122_204018.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231122_204027.jpg
    20231122_204027.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 14
You've inspired me to rediscover my hobby of 42 years ago. I have purchased paints, tools and some kits to begin. I'll need to buy a new airbrush and practice with it since the last time I ised one was on a Focke Wulf Fw 190 in 1981.

That’s fantastic, looking forward to seeing the builds. Fwiw I use an Iwata Neo and a Tamiya Sprayworks Superfine Hg airbrushes. Mostly the Tamiya now. Both are super easy to use, clean etc. Relatively cheap too. Welcome back!

I didn't know this forum was on ODT--was just scrolling through the forums and saw this. I usually just look at "what's new". Great models guys! I built most of the 1/35 Tamiya and 1/32 Monogram tanks back in the 1970s and 80s and was using an airbrush back then. Also built planes and sci-fi ships. Never got into cars. Every few years since then, I've built a few kits. Was sorry to see Model Master oil paints go away (thanks to the EPA). I've been using Vallejo acrylic paints for a few years, and those work better than I expected in the airbrush or regular brush. I'll post a few photos when I'm on my computer--no access to them on my laptop.

I didn't know this forum was on ODT--was just scrolling through the forums and saw this. I usually just look at "what's new". Great models guys! I built most of the 1/35 Tamiya and 1/32 Monogram tanks back in the 1970s and 80s and was using an airbrush back then. Also built planes and sci-fi ships. Never got into cars. Every few years since then, I've built a few kits. Was sorry to see Model Master oil paints go away (thanks to the EPA). I've been using Vallejo acrylic paints for a few years, and those work better than I expected in the airbrush or regular brush. I'll post a few photos when I'm on my computer--no access to them on my laptop.
Good to have you following along and looking forward to seeing the builds. Definitely some talented artisans in here. What do you thin the Vallejo acrylics with? I spray a variety of brands without issue but have had very limited success spraying Vallejo thinned with h2o. No problems with a brush though.

Back
Top Bottom